General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Xc lt80's

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xc lt80's

Hello new here my sons have two lt80's they run great both have reeds ported reed cage fmf pipes unit filter 18" maxxis cross and 21" in front oil injection delete and just ordered max speed gearing from Midwest minis I want to have the heads milled also but can't find a shop to do it gues what I'm asking for is any pointers to help the suspension and is there anymore power laying around in these things all input is appreciated

Old 05-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Motor - LT80 is the man you want to get a hold of for motor/clutch work. His prices are good and his work (from what I hear) is better. I recently sent my son's over to him...

Rear suspension - Ah...this can be fun (not really). There are no easy paths for replacing the rear shock. Getting extra stroke requires frame modifications and not everyone is cut out for that. The other issue is the clevis style mount on the bottom...I've seen similar 10.25" (260mm) Chinese shocks out there but few with a clevis bottom. If you can weld then not an issue. You'll also want to pay attention to spring rates. I went down a very different path...I modified the rear plates and carrier to accept a Fox Float MXR...It's C-to-C is 10.25 and is very adjustable...but this is a pricy option.

Front suspension - There are a couple of options for the front shocks. I've read LT160's bolt right up and offer some adjustability. I ran the longer red shocks that everyone says to stay away from (Mid-West Mini)...because they are longer they will force your tires out \ / to have positive camber (the downside of single arm susp)...this can be easily remedied with some upper mount plates...with the plates (and 2.5" stud widening kit) I was very happy with the travel increase and plushness. This year going down a very different path...basically going double A-arm/disk brakes...not doing the dreaded 300ex kit, but something else...