General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

ATV film questions

Old 12-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV film questions

Hi guys!

I live by Peoria IL i love four-wheelers and run a ATV/motorcycle repair business. My friends and i have a great driving playground involving a river, creeks, woods, cabins, gravel roads, old bridges, and country roads.

We are wanting to make a short ATV/motorcycle based short action film. chases, wrecks, jumps, burnouts, and pulls, are just the brew we like to drink.

We are just struggling with the proper amount and spread of these goodies. also any ideas on safely somersaulting an ATV? I've done it before, but would like to figure out a safer and more predictable way than nose dive into a ditch at 50 mph.

Thanks,
Joseph

Old 12-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider

Safely somersaulting an ATV? I would think a sports quad or safer, maybe a Wildcat or RAZR or Polaris ACE, as they have seatbelt and roll cages. The idea of a regular ATV, weighing 700 lbs slamming down on me, is right up there with bull riding.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:27 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Somersaulting an ATV is crazy. There's no safe way to do it that I know of. No safe way to wreck them either which may be the same thing.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry for not clarifying. It's a 300 lb 220. With no rider.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey... aren't you the 14yr old that back in June had rolled your ATV 7 times to that date, ride double while doing 3 minute side wheelies and questioned everyones advice for recommending that you DON'T ride double on a machine that isn't designed for 2 riders?

Have you looked on YouTube lately and searched for ATV crashes.. too many REAL ones there to count.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Alex G.
Hey... aren't you the 14yr old that back in June had rolled your ATV 7 times to that date, ride double while doing 3 minute side wheelies and questioned everyones advice for recommending that you DON'T ride double on a machine that isn't designed for 2 riders?

Have you looked on YouTube lately and searched for ATV crashes.. too many REAL ones there to count.
Yes that was me doing the sidewheelies. Why is asking questions such a negative thing to you? I asked those questions so that people would explain fully.
Yes I have watched lots of crash videos on YouTube. They all look very bad which Is why for a speacial effect I'd rather figure something else out.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Pretty sure no one is going to give you any advice where someone may get hurt or worse. Someone is going to get hurt or worse if you don't learn how to ride properly instead of just showing off.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sure that no one here thinks my question was negative. Regardless... good luck.