General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

2012 Sportsman 550 XP trouble

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Sportsman 550 XP trouble

Trying to figure out where the intake temperature control sensor is on this machine. I threw a code that means high voltage to the sensor. Where is it at, what's it look like, and where can I order one.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:22 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Old 12-17-2016, 11:31 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Sportsman850man
Trying to figure out where the intake temperature control sensor is on this machine. I threw a code that means high voltage to the sensor. Where is it at, what's it look like, and where can I order one.
Usually an "temperature sensor" is in the air box or duct leading to it. These sensors you can usually clean off and check the wiring for any damage.May or may not be one on the 550xp.What you're probably looking for is "Intake Air Temperature / Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (T-MAP)"
Or simply the T-map sensor. Usually when this happens you can have a wiring short in the connector or harness. Wires can be chaffed/bare or wires can feel soft and melted internally. One place has good repair kits if needed.https://otbpowersports.com/product/t...epair-harness/
Another area that can cause problems is the rubber grommet under the T-bap. They can split and suck air. It's located on the intake manifold.Item #6.Sensors them selves are rarely the problem. Mainly the connector and wiring harness or the grommet.

Attached Thumbnails 2012 Sportsman 550 XP trouble-index.png