General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Can am ds90 4stroke won't start

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can am ds90 4stroke won't start

I have a 07 can am ds 90 4 stroke and I had it starting with starting fluid for a split second. I took off the carb and cleaned and put it back on now its not starting with starting fluid. Spark plug doesn't have gas on it. I'm lost any help would be appreciated thanks

Old 01-03-2017, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many hours/miles are on it? Sounds to me like you don't have gas getting to the engine. I would say it is either a problem with the needle seat assembly, or a compression problem. I'm not sure if the needed compression, but I would guess around that 100-150 lbs of compression.
Also check air filter. Sometimes if that is plugged it will cause problems. I would check the sleeve connecting your carb to the head of the engine. Sometimes a mouse will make a nest in their, they will go through the air filter, through carb main and then into engine. Possibly check your kill switch and if you are suspicious of it being faulty, jump a wire in between the wires going to the switch. Then try starting it and seeing if it will run.
Good luck!!

Old 01-04-2017, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not running on SF means 2 things:
1) no spark (can verify by grounding plug to frame and seeing if good strong blue spark jumps)
2) insufficient compression (compression tester is best to provide accurate PSI)

Once it runs on SF (shot into the plug hole NOT THROUGH THE CARB), then you're left with fuel delivery (carb)...which may just need a good cleaning...