General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

110 cc tab for my kid

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 03:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110 cc tab for my kid

i bought my little boy a 110cc Chinese four wheeler for Christmas and I have the speed screw all the way in and it goes way to fast for him he doesn't even hit the gas and just at an idle it goes way to fast for him I tried to adjust the idea screw on the carb but if I unscrew it any more it die's. what do I need to do any help would greatly be appreciated.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Don't adjust the carb to slow it down! That is what the speed control screw is for, if you can't back it out enough, then see what has to be done to allow it to move to make it go slower. We can't see it so we can't help you. You are learning the issues and problems of buying those cheap Chinese quads.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have adjusted the speed screw to the point that u can't even give it gas it is still to fast Im stumped the choke has to be on the whole time because if you take it the choke off it dies I think I have a carb problem after it runs for awhile the atv starts to rev up while it's setting still I have to reach down and turn the idea screw back out to stop it. Any ideas on any of this

Old 12-29-2016, 09:35 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

you are adjusting the screw on the throttle on the bars right? usually when the speed limit screw is adjusted you can almost turn it enough that the quad will not move. One thing to remember if you set the screw to slow the carb will load up after a while. Sounds like the carb needs to be pulled and given a good cleaning. If it will only run with choke on the carb is probably dirty.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok I will try to get it cleaned and go from there thanks