General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Brake light or tail light

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 06:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake light or tail light

Hi friends im looking for some help .I just came across a 1987 250cc 4x4 Polaris trail boss ( doing carb rebuild ) on and im trying to replace the headlight and tailight .i took out thr headlight and got numbers for replacement bulb but ther is no bulb in the tailight socket .my question is ...does this 4 wheeler have a tail/brake light or is it just a tailight and what part number would the bulb be .also ther is only 2 wires for the socket . Any help is greatly apreciated.

Last edited by James Lord Sr.; 12-27-2016 at 06:25 PM. Reason: 250cc
Old 12-28-2016, 06:57 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

OPT would know for sure, but if it's just 2 wires, I'd say it's just a tail light.

Here's the bulb.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you .also the person i got the wheeler from that the battery was no good because it wouldnt keep charge . I was looking over the battery connections and i notice ther is only the pos.ang neg cables that are hooked to battery .my question is (please dont think im stupid ) isnt ther also susposed to be atleast one other wire going to battery for the charging system when it is running ?