General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Yamaha Moto 4 not running right

Old 01-03-2017, 04:06 PM
c51
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Moto 4 not running right

I am working on a yamaha moto 4 with the oil cooled 350, I first couldn't get it to start, then I relplaced the battery, spark plug, starter relay, and cleaned out the carb. Now it will start and idle normally at half choke, if I turn the choke off it will die even when warmed up. When I drive it, I have the feather the throttle a little until I feel the power come on and then I can drive normally but it will lose power randomly and I need to feather it again or it will die on me. I am trying to figure out the cause of this, I double checked the main jet and it is clean. It ran perfect up until I blew out the rear tires and then it sat for about 3 years and now it is having these issues, I have been searching around and noticed some people talking about muffler clogging, is there any chance that this could be a part of this? Im not sure if a mouse climbed in there and clogged it up over the years or what. It is also back firing a little bit, much less after I double cleaned the main jet out. It seems like it is back firing through the carb and not the muffler. Also, would I just be better off replacing the whole carb with a new one? Any and all help is appreciated