General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

question of value.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 04:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question of value.

Is a 1995 all original Yamaha 2x4 Timberwolf with new tires and battery and no oil leaks or no odd noises. Runs and drives it is only missing the luggage racks front and rear, is this ATV worth 800$?and wished to know any problems this model may have. Any information would be helpful thank you.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yamaha are good bikes. If you like it, $800 won't get you much as a rule, and 1995 is kinda old. I bought a 1996 Polaris Sportsman with only 900 miles once, for $900. Turned out to be a money pit. GL

Old 01-05-2017, 09:03 AM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are some sites like NADA that value used ATVs. That info may help you decide. Generally ATVs are run hard and put away wet. You're looking at a 20 year old machine. How many hours are on this machine? If you can find one that was well maintained and appears in good condition, you can have a lot of fun for your 800. I add that I hope you have mechanical skills to do most of the eventual repair work yourself. A dealer's service department is very expensive, and rightly so. An old ATV probably isn't worth having a service department work on it.

David

Old 01-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One a quad gets a certain age, price seems to level out. Granted it is a 20 year old quad but if it starts and runs well, doesn't smoke and the clutch seems good and shifts fine, then $800 is a reasonable starting point for negotiations. I've owned 2 timberwolf 2x4 models just like this, I paid $500 each for both of them and neither were in close to as good of condition as you describe this one. I would have gladly paid a couple hundred more for better condition. Is the seller firm on $800? My guess is they are not. This being winter also makes it harder to sell. I think there is definitely room for negotiation on price. I'd counter $600 and maybe you could eventually meet at about $700, which would be a fair price. Be prepared as the others have said to end up doing work on it, its an old quad and things will need fixed and replaced more so than a newer machine. But its better to spend $700 and have to fix a thing or 2 than spend a lot more and have to do the same.