General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Help!! Can't find part!

Old 01-07-2017, 01:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Can't find part!

Hello I'm a new member here but very familiar to this site. I always seem to find a solution when I'm on this site but not with this problem so I decided to join and give it a try. I ride a Kawasaki kfx 400 same as ltz 400 or z400 as some call it. I was in the process of rebuilding my motor and while trying to put the valve springs back in, the tool I was using slipped and popped out the spring causing me to lose one of the small chokes that hold the valve tight with the spring. I have no Idea what the name of this part is and can't find it anywhere. They are two metal pieces that form a cone when put together and go inside the retainer of the valve spring. Any help to where I can get my hands on these and where they might sell them?? Please help, I'm stuck and can't finish my bike without it. Thanks

Old 01-07-2017, 02:01 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Actual name is called a valve collet,but most people call them valve keepers.2004 Kawasaki KFX400 (KSF400-A2) Valve(s)/Camshaft(s) | Cycle Parts Outlet That was my nick name at work "keeper" cause I was on the floor a lot looking for ones I'd dropped.. These may or may not fit your year model. For a 2004 model I listed.http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pack-Genui...UAAOSwNphWYgm5 Amazon has them also.https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&fie...tag=mozilla-20

Old 01-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums!