General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

ATV Magazine Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 07:00 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ATV Magazine Recommendation

I'm new to the ATV hobby. Can you folks recommend an ATV magazine that might increase my knowledge of the ATV hobby. I'm looking for tests and comparisons, new features, specifications, and stories about ATV riding.

David

Old 01-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

To be honest it would be better if you scoured the internet and looked thru the various forums including this one. Each brand name has there own forums with pics and videos and a lot of information can be gained by searching thses areas. Magazines have become mostly advertising with little usefull information in them that isn't biased. I used to get all the different atv magazines then I found this and other forums and dropped the magazines. If you need printed material, look for the many articles and just print them out. By the way welcome aboard !!

Old 01-09-2017, 07:11 PM
Back Country Explorer

I understand. I've read car magazines since highschol study hall. Even my Diesel Power magazine has some interesting articles in it. I need something to do while in the bathroom.

ATVConnection is very informative for sure.

David

Old 01-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

ill agree magazines have become just a advertising medium. Last time i bought one i did not find one good story in it total waste of money... Buy yourself a tablet and read that in the bathroom.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

X3 The magazines have got thinner and thinner over the years. Most of the content is now available online with full stories.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are a few shows I watch on youtube for free that I enjoy. Dirt Trax Television and Fisher's Atv World are pretty entertaining. There are some other atv and utv channels that are good too like atv on demand and utv on demand. Atv television used to be a tv show back in the early 2000's and now has gone to being youtube only.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Back Country Explorer

It is revolutionary how the internet has changed so much in our lives. The entertainment industry is in trouble as no one is paying the artists anymore. We expect music for free. The print news is in trouble as no one is buying subscriptions, who will pay the journalists? (Remember the Want Ads?) The high school kids all walk around tapping their smartphones. Retail shops are dropping like flies. So when will we order a new ATV on the internet?

I agree everything can be found on the internet. I'm still old fashioned enough to enjoy relaxing on the deck in the shade with a magazine and a shot of caffeine and learn about accessories for my Can Am. What's new at Arctic Cat, best ATV tires, what new state went ATV street legal, winching techniques, changing the CVT belt, great trail rides, club activity, etc. I subscribe to 4 car magazines, two camper magazines and one news magazine, all of which I could get most of on the internet.

greg74 says it best. Watch Dirt Trax for free. Who pays Luke and AJ on Dirt Trax? I think that show is syndicated by Dirt Wheels? It's fun to see them zooming around on the latest ATV and I try to watch new episodes. And I've watched a couple of others too. However, I'm on a "data plan" satellite ISP here in the mountains. Video consumes a lot of data fast. Even the newspapers I read on the internet take a lot of data to download their video ads.

So what ATV magazine did you read before the internet?

David

Old 01-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I used to subscribe to Dirt Wheels back in the early 2000's. I still have those old issues around somewhere in a box, having collected dust for several years.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Back Country Explorer

Thanks greg74. We made new posts at almost the exact same time.

David

Old 01-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think the manufacturers pay Dirt Trax to promote their products. A lot of people watch that show and seeing a new Polaris or Yamaha on there tested by them will make viewers more likely to go out and buy it.