General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 12:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

Hey guys I am looking at purchasing a kymco four wheeler for my son , the guy is telling me the clutch needs replaced but then he said it may not be the clutch . He said it feels like the rear end is not pulling ? What could that be or does this sound like a bad clutch ? Someone please help .

Old 01-19-2017, 12:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unless you're getting a super great deal and have the ability or know someone who does know how to fix it, I'd probably get something else. Kymco does make solid machines but buying something that already has a known problem is probably inviting more problems sooner instead of later.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spend a few more dollars, get a new one with a warrantee and dealer service. Kymco's have an excellent reputation.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

If it is not that big of a problem why doesn't he fix it before he sells it? Trying to sell non-working items doesn't work unless you want to give them away. Hiring out the work to be done can get expensive real fast!! Find a machine that works and runs well and it will be cheaper in the long run.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Agree with the others. If it's not a big problem the seller would either keep the quad or fix it before selling it. My guess is that it's something expensive.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sometimes its not even about the cost. To have something that constantly needs work is frustrating. Your son wants to go out and ride it and once again, something is wrong with it and he can't. Buying something that is junk just creates headaches and stress that nobody needs. You'll both be happier in the long run if you spend a little more money for something in better shape.