General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

WIDE ATV or RTV needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 01:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much of this equipment can be purchased ready made./ over the counter. I would not be opposed to spending a few thousand dollars if it's something that would work. Have used the tractor .without being able to show you the actual site that will working on as hard to explain. And ATV type vehicle would be so much lighter which stand up better in the wet soil conditions and when it did get stuck would be a lot easier to recover.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

And equally important is have durable with this modification V keeping in mind I'll be traveling very slow speeds five miles an hour but we do 10-15 thousand acres per year. I'm tired of walking and looking to replace some labor

Old 02-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

OK,here is the answer= A team of horses. I've helped my brother yarding out logs with horse, many years ago, they can do a lot of work, even 1 horse. Of course they are a PITA too. To find a farm tractor with 2' clearance and 6' width, you are talking a big tractor. If I had to choose between a Skidder and a horse, the horse starts to look better. Skidder is like swatting a fly with a deer rifle.