General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

how do you keep your plastic looking good

Old 03-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Yeller
I use a product called Mop and Glow, gives a great shine.

I have read about others using that stuff, but have not heard of any long term usage. How long have you been using this stuff on your machine? Looking for long term effect, thanks

Old 03-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
I have read about others using that stuff, but have not heard of any long term usage. How long have you been using this stuff on your machine? Looking for long term effect, thanks
I used it on a 2001 Honda 350 4x4 from 2003 to 2013 when I sold it. When I sold it, took me 24hrs for cash in my hands and when the guy looked at it his exact words were "I came looking to beat you up on price but I can't even ask, take my money" lol.

I was not using it 10 times a year, my bike was sprayed down after use but only had a deep cleaning that included mop and glow once a year. It was a red bike and I saw no side effects of bleaching or discolouration caused by the product. Looked for a pic and was not able to find one in my digital photos but if I find one I will post!

I got the idea from a guy who had been using it on his 2000 350 at the time. We struck up a conversation as his bike was 4 years old and 22000kms on it and looked like new.

My new to me 500 yellow already has a coat on it and it brightened it up, espically the black fender protectors.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Old Yeller
I used it on a 2001 Honda 350 4x4 from 2003 to 2013 when I sold it. When I sold it, took me 24hrs for cash in my hands and when the guy looked at it his exact words were "I came looking to beat you up on price but I can't even ask, take my money" lol.

I was not using it 10 times a year, my bike was sprayed down after use but only had a deep cleaning that included mop and glow once a year. It was a red bike and I saw no side effects of bleaching or discolouration caused by the product. Looked for a pic and was not able to find one in my digital photos but if I find one I will post!

I got the idea from a guy who had been using it on his 2000 350 at the time. We struck up a conversation as his bike was 4 years old and 22000kms on it and looked like new.

My new to me 500 yellow already has a coat on it and it brightened it up, espically the black fender protectors.

I will add my bike was kept inside all the time. If it was kept outside I most likely would have used a megregors, mothers or 3m plastic wax like I use on my cars with UV protection. I used mothers plastic wax on cars I own, expensive but has kept the exposed plastic looking new on cars for over 10 years.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've read here about people using Pledge furniture polish but haven't heard what the long term results are. It's supposed to help with mud sticking on your plastics and shining them up too.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Old Yeller, thanks for that information. This is something I am going to look into. JumboFrank..I have heard a lot about the Pledge as well but not from anyone using it long term. I have already used it on the underside and it does help keep crap from sticking.

Search this Thread