General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Newbie seeking Advice from Pros

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 01:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex G.
I think your putting yourself at a disadvantage with a 2wd machine. Yes, 4wd will cost you a bit more but you'll regret not having it when you need it.
Look for leaks, drips and/or remnants of under the machine.
Lift the front end and shake the wheels front to back and top to bottom..<-- bearing/bushings
Check the air filter... and spark plug...
Check the lights and all accessory functions...
If the tires don't have AT LEAST 1/2" of tread, your going to end up buying new tires sooner than you were expecting.
Check if the handlebars are straight when the tires are tracking straight.
Check if the tires have the same orientation when the handlebars are pointing straight.
These are just a few things to check... most important though, is how it runs. Not just sitting there idling... but gassing it up and down the block...

Good luck

Thanks for pointing out what to look for, I'll keep your advice in mind when to go see one. At this time, no one replied with detailed photos, why???

My neighbors here have mostly 2WD. I don't intend to use it more than taking me to beach areas with some cargo, cause HOA covenant don't let us drive SUVs to beach, only the ATVs are allowed.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You did great

Originally Posted by hydrex
Are you sure that you want 2wd? 4WD/awd are much more useful, imho. Snow, mud? BTW It's not terribly expensive to ship an ATV. I bought my Arctic Cat Diesel from Georgia. Cost $325 to get it to Maine, the seller picked up half the cost. I found it on an Arctic Cat forum= <ArcticChat.com> It was exactly what the seller explained. I think you can do better.

Looked at arcticchat.com, market place>swap meet area had only 2 postings, 1 snowmobie and the other is for fleet sale of 4 ATVs. I must have been looking at wrong place?