General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

400ex in sandy creek question.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400ex in sandy creek question.

Hello. I have a quick question. Years ago I had a 2006 400ex. It was all stock except for exhaust. I loved it but one thing it sucked at was the sandy bottom river we have. We used to play in it and ride from sand bar to sand bar. I couldn't because as soon as i would let the clutch out it was stuck. I ended up wanting out of debt and sold all my motorized toys. I regret selling that 400ex though.

Fast forward to now. I am wanting another ATV to ride with my Dad and Uncle. I am looking at 4x4 of course but that feeling of how much I loved that 400ex keeps coming into my mind. This brings me to my question. I took my 400ex 90% of the places we used to ride. If I could make a 400ex be able to sand bar hop in the river with sand bottom I would find another one.

Is there a rear rear tire out there that would allow a 400ex to rip through a river with a sand bottom? I'm hoping so and that my stock tires were the cause that prevented me from doing it. If not the 400ex is out of the equation. Thanks for any help.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would personally just get a 4x4 but some paddles might do the trick

Old 03-22-2017, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you for the advice. That is probably the safest route to take. The paddles might would work but then would suck when I'm not in the river and riding trails.

Trying to go find an older Rancher 350 or Foreman 450 has deemed hard to find one not ragged. I had been thinking about the EX and then found a completely Bone stock 2005 for 2600$ and was like man.