General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

TaoTao 125g only starts with remote

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TaoTao 125g only starts with remote

i recently purchased a taotao 125 for my son. I'm having an issue. It assembled just fine and I cannot get it to start with the ignition switch. I can start it just fine with the key fob provided. I have heard that there is an alarm reset that needs to be done and I cannot find any type of directions for a reset. Any advice or direction is most appreciated.

Last edited by Griegojgg; 03-23-2017 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Posted in Wrong Section
Old 03-24-2017, 09:19 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

when did the 125 start coming with remote start? i thought they were for shut down and alarm only.. Are you holding the brake on when trying to start with key and starter button on handlebar control?

Old 03-24-2017, 12:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Zrock
when did the 125 start coming with remote start? i thought they were for shut down and alarm only.. Are you holding the brake on when trying to start with key and starter button on handlebar control?
this a 2016 model. The fob is an alarm shutdown as well as remote start. I have tried holding the foot brake and nothing from the ignition switch. It is weird. I have talked to someone about an Alarm reset could be the issue. But I'm not sure how to do that.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

hmm id better go out and check mine as it was a 2016...
As in your other post if the brake light is not coming on when trying to manually start then their is a lose or bad connection in your brake light circuit.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you for the feedback I will check the connections this evening.