General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gungus_mckee
are the hammerhead 150s better then a atv ?
Depends on what you like to ride.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

idk i like just going out on trails and stuff but i mean the hammer head only got like 6" GC so i can't go in all the trails

Old 03-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default need help

i just got my hammerhead 150cc gy6 engine it seems to work fine for the frist couple of miles or so then it starts acting up on me like it's over heating or something it's geting gas fine and it's got good spark. I losen up the intake valve it might have helped a bit but still bugging out after a few miles any ideas? thanks

Old 04-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer

I picked one up today pretty cheap, but needs some minor work. Hopefully it stays minor lol.

I know the ignition is stuck on the "on" position. And the reverse cable is broken. Anywhere I can get them cheap? Ebay??? Or any special sites? Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

twister hammerhead parts are pretty reasonable.
GT150 Dune Buggy Gokarts and Twister Hammerhead GT 150 150cc Go Kart

http://www.gopowersports.com/Hammerheadparts.aspx

when shifting the forward/reverse, don't let it "slam" into gear. that'll shock load the cable and it will snap. you got a good kart, you'll love it. when i had mine, man, it was a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!! have fun........

Old 04-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

We bought one of those Twister Hammer Heads from the dealer years ago and I hated the thing. Had a lot of problems we kept having to bring it back to be serviced (IT WAS BRAND NEW!) I forget what the problems were it was years ago, I think something with the shifting or brake, then something else electrical with the starting I think an electric choke along those lines.

I mean it was decent on the flat trails but it would not climb anything that was for sure, and the top speed wasn't all that high either. The only market I can see them for is some fun point A to B transportation like getting around a work ground or transporting people around sand dunes, etc. I'll admit though everyone wanted to drive it!

Old 07-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by PinkFloydEffect
We bought one of those Twister Hammer Heads from the dealer years ago and I hated the thing. Had a lot of problems we kept having to bring it back to be serviced (IT WAS BRAND NEW!) I forget what the problems were it was years ago, I think something with the shifting or brake, then something else electrical with the starting I think an electric choke along those lines.

I mean it was decent on the flat trails but it would not climb anything that was for sure, and the top speed wasn't all that high either. The only market I can see them for is some fun point A to B transportation like getting around a work ground or transporting people around sand dunes, etc. I'll admit though everyone wanted to drive it!
You need to keep in mind that is a 150cc scooter motor pushing that 500lb machine around. You also need to realize it's a chinese-built machine, so it ain't perfect. They are actually quite capable with the right mods. For about $60, you can make them climb like a billygoat. There's big bore kits available, performance exhaust, cams, stroker cranks, performance coils, CDIs, carbs, etc, etc. They are a blast to drive.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mge_1
I picked one up today pretty cheap, but needs some minor work. Hopefully it stays minor lol.

I know the ignition is stuck on the "on" position. And the reverse cable is broken. Anywhere I can get them cheap? Ebay??? Or any special sites? Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Reliablegokarts.com is a Hammerhead dealer and you can get parts online.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Or for the same price you could just scrap the engine and install a snowmobile 2stroker, or something along those lines.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by PinkFloydEffect
Or for the same price you could just scrap the engine and install a snowmobile 2stroker, or something along those lines.
Some people I ride with have done that. You don't wanna make these too fast. That cage is more like a brush guard. I wouldn't want to do a high speed roll in one.

My 250 will do about 50mph in high and that's fast enough. Anyway, sorry you had a bad experience with yours cause they are all kinds of fun and a little safer than a quad, IMO.

Quick Reply: twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart