General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Rhino Rollover

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 12:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

Ok, here it is, this is what I emailed the PI;

Ok, I don’t understand your website quite clearly?? Why don’t you do one for the Jeep with no doors?? Also, the motorcycles on the street?? They don’t have any leg protection?? Hey, while you’re at it, just band all ATV and Motorcycles’, that will cause a big stink on your hands wont it, oh and it might get you famous.

I just don’t like how your picking on the Rhino? I have one and if you use it for what it’s MADE for then it will be ok, you get the STUPID people out there that want to stick their leg out while rolling over a Jeep or hey a Rhino then you have a broken leg. I bet if you stick your leg out riding a motorcycle down the street and let the on coming cars hit it a few times that will break it as well.

Come on, get a life and go on and enjoy it like the rest of us.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

Oh, I just realized something, THIS BUTT HEAD LIVES IN MY TOWN.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Quad Patrol
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
Think you need to pay him a visit and show him how to drive a rhino.

Old 10-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

Ok i don't own a Rhino"YET" trading the grizz for one in the spring. I don't think i'll have the problem of sticking my foot out incase of a rollover as i have an artificial leg(so no worries there) but if ppl are so worried about it buy or build sum half doors for it easy fix [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] plain and simple......Wader

Old 10-18-2005, 10:39 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
Think you need to pay him a visit and show him how to drive a rhino.
Or at the very least, help him to understand that this kind of activity has its dangers. There are dangers in off road riding. Any one who isnt ready to acept that fact should not be participating in such activities.

Old 10-18-2005, 07:57 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: GusinCA
Yamaha neds to adress this issue, provide some netting or at least a bar to keep people's legs inside during a tip/roll.

Lawyers like this are already salivating:

http://www.rhinorollovers.com

Might as well add all golf carts too as they are prone to tipping as well. I have seen it done several times. There are a couple of places that offer bars that keep the legs in.

The larger problem is using a product in an improper or dangerous way. I have seen Rhino's jumped and duned and in those activities, if somthing were to go wrong, an arguement could be made as this was probably outside the scope of normal use. That would be like the idiot that takes his Quad on a trail he knows is too narrow, busts a tree and sue's because the quad was too wide to go through that particualar spot.
There should be a provision that if you file a lawsuit because you lack the proper common sense, then the defendants have the oppertunity to seek damages from the Plaintiff.

That being said, if a injury occurs within the normal realm of specified use, then a case could be made. Biggest thing is that we engage in aggressive and dangerous activities, we are bound to get hurt. Can't blame others for that...

TPR

Old 10-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: ThePhantomRider

Might as well add all golf carts too as they are prone to tipping as well. I have seen it done several times. There are a couple of places that offer bars that keep the legs in.

The larger problem is using a product in an improper or dangerous way. I have seen Rhino's jumped and duned and in those activities, if somthing were to go wrong, an arguement could be made as this was probably outside the scope of normal use. That would be like the idiot that takes his Quad on a trail he knows is too narrow, busts a tree and sue's because the quad was too wide to go through that particualar spot.
There should be a provision that if you file a lawsuit because you lack the proper common sense, then the defendants have the oppertunity to seek damages from the Plaintiff.

That being said, if a injury occurs within the normal realm of specified use, then a case could be made. Biggest thing is that we engage in aggressive and dangerous activities, we are bound to get hurt. Can't blame others for that...

TPR
"There it is there - Couldnt have said it any better."

Old 10-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

i think there should be a net there to keep ur feet in and if u wanna get in or out then u have the unclip the top of the net and then get in or out. if u dont put up the net and get hurt.... ur problem. thats something yamaha should do.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:48 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default Rhino Rollover

I have no problem with that, but better still would be some type of half door like Jeeps have. I know there are a couple of companies that make safety bars that block your foot from stepping out in a roll over situation. Perhaps the next gen Rhino's will address this.

TPR

Old 10-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

Check out this Click Here these are pretty nice![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Rhino Rollover