General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Advice on Mammoth 800

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on Mammoth 800

Sorry you are having problems Penningp. I know how you feel! You might call eBike parts department and ask them if they have the parts you need. I looked on their online parts list and didn't see them but that doesn't mean they don't have them. There are also several other Kazuma parts sources on the internet you might try. One thing I need to warn you about if you call eBike is that English is not their original language and sometimes they have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say....at least what I am trying to say. I am not saying this to be critical because Denise Pan who handles their sales told me the same thing today and told me just to bear with them as they were doing the best they knew how to serve their customers.

Also...you might try a junk yard and see if you can find a carb for a Metro and see if it is the same. If so then you may have your answer. You might even be able to go to an auto parts store and ask them if they have the parts to fit a Metro and if they do, try them and see if they fit. It's worth a shot.

PLEASE....if you find a source, let us know here because it could be of great benefit to the rest of us in the future.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

If Mikuni makes them then try a small engine shop that works on chainsaws. I use to run a power equipment shop and I know several different manufacturers use Mikuni carbs. I doubt a saw needle or bracket would fit but they might could order one from their Mikuni supplier Also, Mikuni is quite popular with the go kart racing folks so that might be another source of parts.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, yes the Polaris wheels have the same 4 on 156mm bolt pattern. So any track system should bolt up. I can't confirm that the carb is Mikuni, but if it is it would be the biggest one I've ever seen. It looks just like the carb on my Suzuki Samurais. But if you have seen a Mikuni tag on there it must be Mikuni. PenningP, if you could send me a picture of the part that you need I might have one. I'm somewhat of a Suzuki Samurai nut and have a pretty nice stock of Samurai parts, as well as 2 nice Samurais. The engine in these machines is just a 4-cylinder version of the metro engine. And Deanz400, this is for sure the same Suzuki 3-cylinder that was in the Metro. I'm glad that you got your 4x4 situation figured out Old Timer, at least you didn't have to tear it all of the way down. I'll eventually have mine apart to install some sort of limited slip in the front axle. When I do, I'll try to get pics of the inside and let everyone know what limited slip or lockers will work. I'm going to put some bigger wheels and tires on mine too. I talked to an importer today who told me that you get some serious discounts on a container of these machines.

P.S. There are TONS of aftermarket performance parts for this engine. Everything from Weber carbs, to GM turbo kits.(yes there was a hopped-up Metro turbo)

Old 11-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info Helidude. Believe it or not my son in law and I were just talking about the similarities of the Mammoth engine and the one in his Samauri. He was also showing me a picture of a Samauri his buddy is trying to sell him...a hard top. His is a soft top and has a couple hundred thousand miles on it but still runs strong. Tough little machines. I kinda wondered if the differentials in the Mammoth might be the same as in the Samauri? Probably not. We just got through replacing the bearings in his transmission a few weeks ago. Simple little machines to work on. No wonder folks like them so much.

That is good to know about the bolt pattern also. I figured they were the same.

I talked to eBike a couple weeks ago and Denise told me that there are 8 units in a container and if I bought a whole container there would be a good discount as you said. I have several folks looking at mine saying they want one so who knows what we might put together.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Guys,

This is great - I really appreciate everyone trying to help me out. Helidude - thanks for the info - I pm'ed you to try and send you a picture of what I need but I don't think it worked. If you want to you can send me your email address and I can send you the picture.

Paul

Old 11-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm glad to know there are other Mammoth owners out there and that we can bounce questions off of each other! I get the feeling most Polaris/Yamaha/Kawasaki owners don't care much for the Chinese knock-offs so it is good to know there are at least a few folks that have and like them and are willing to share information.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I certainly never felt you implied in the least that you were going to sell them and don't see how anyone else could have gotten that from your post either...unless there was something removed from your post by the moderator that I never saw. All I had considered was a bunch of friends going together and buying a load so everyone could share in the savings. If that was a violation then I too apologize. I certainly have no financial stake in anything Kazuma sells.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Has anyone tried 27" or 28" tires on their Mammoth yet? I'm wanting to put some larger tires on mine, but I don't want to order something that will rub.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

This site has pictures of one with what I think are 27" tires, but I don't know if they rub anywhere. They look really great with those 14" rims though.

http://www.beersautoatvcycle.com/

Old 11-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

The larger rims and tires definitely do make it look better. The stock tires and rims look a little small on the back anyway. Maybe it is because of the long suspension travel and the distance between the bad and the tires.

The one on the website looks great. There have been a couple more advertised on eBay that had larger tires and rims that looked good also.

As far as clearence, doesn't look like there would be a problem on the rear but don't know about the front.

I am getting ready to make a front windshield for mine out of 1/4" polycarbonate as well as adding some type of top.

Quick Reply: Advice on Mammoth 800