General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Advice on Mammoth 800

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on Mammoth 800

I was interested in the Mammoth 800, the new utility truck for Kazuma. They look like great machines. The price is great too. Anyone have any advice about these new units? Anyone who has purchased one please let me know how you like it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Seize the Day!!

Old 07-01-2007, 02:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

I had a thread about Chinese UTVs on here and all one douche had to say was "LOL".. real informative fellow. *rolls eyes*

I don't know much about these, not many people do yet.. I would be interested to know more about them aswell. Pretty sure you will get the standard fare response of: If you can turn a wrench and its worth it to do that to save a buck, go with a Chinese brand.. otherwise get a Japanese built one.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Range Rover

douche...nice. better than cheap. i just say don't buy that crap. read the article in wall street journal about the company that make them and all the short cuts they take. now facing big lawsuits!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

I do not know anything about the Kazuma brand...however, I am familiar with the engine that powers it. It is a suzuki F8B 800cc three cylinder automobile engine that has been in millions Of "mini's" in Europe and Asia. Look up suzuki capachino, mighty boy 4x4, city baby, etc.

The engine is solid, I have a dune buggy with this motor, and it is discussed in great detail at buggynews.com. There are members who have turboed the motor, shaved the head, port and polished, there are weber carb kits and headers for it, One guy has even run a nitro boost system successfully.

We have a four speed manual transmission, so I do not know how their CVT will hold up.
We have had issues with the CV joints, but there are fixes for that as well...do not know what this unit ships with.

I would think that you will find the same kind of problems with this as on many of the "chinese" machines. Locktite everything and make sure all of the electrical connections are good, and it will probably be decent for the price...If you do not mind tinkering...

If you want a unit that will be more problem free, pony up for the more expensive Jap UTV's

JMHO

Chris

Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

I bought one the Kazuma Mammoth 800's about 2 months ago. I have put it to the test on the farm, in the woods, and on the sand bars of the river banks. It is a solid built machine. Have had no problems with it, has plenty of power and hauling capacity. There are some things I would like to change about it, but I can also say the same thing about my Ford F-250 Super Duty!!! I just couldnt see spending the money for a Ranger or Rhino, with the Mammoth on the market and for half the price. Also, if you are concerned about finding add ons, such as cab covers etc. I do know that the cab covers for the Rangers will fit the Mammoth. I just recently purchased a soft top with rear window that is made for a Ranger and it fits perfectly. If anybody has any questions, please feel free to ask.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have one too,heat gauge shows hot allthe time ,changed gauge and sending unit,still shows hot.any ideas?

Old 10-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

have one for 3 months,think its great.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a Polaris owner who had 3 Rangers 1 of which was crap (2006). I have to say that so far this thing is a Ranger at half the price. It does have a few shortcomings, but I'm willing to accept that for the price difference. 1.You lose the third seat. 2.The CVT is set too loose, though it will pull anything you put behind it. And it will run an honest-to-goodness 45+ MPH. It just accelerates a little slower than it should with the awesome engine it has. (I've owned many of these engines and consider them one of the best ever built). It runs a thousand times smoother than anything anybody else has, and I have had it out in the woods on some pretty tough 4-wheeler trails to test it. It has gone everywhere that I have tried to go, though it did sputter a little on some VERY extreme angles. I'm not sure how well it will last in comparison to the Rangers, but then again, the last Ranger I had was nothing but a pile and had some serious FI problems that the dealer couldn't fix. Hope this helps all of you guys looking to buy one of these type of machines. I bought one just hoping that it would be good, so far I'm pretty shocked by the value. I'll post my clutch adjustment procedures after I get it sorted out if anyone is interested.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds like you have air in the engine that is keeping the coolant from circulating. The manual comes with instructions for filling and purging the coolant system. They have even put a purge valve on the cylinder head to make purging the air easy. Hope this helps.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

I pulled the clutch cover off today to see if I could adjust the cams. I found out that the clutch is working great, however, the Kazuma belt is a pretty rough cast belt. (it looks super beefy though). There is a pretty large mold-line around both sides of the belt. This means that it's been pulling on only about a sixteenth of an inch strip of belt instead of the whole side of the belt like it should. I put it back together and drove the crap out of it for a little while and it helped greatly. I think that it will wear in even better with a little time. I also managed to poke a hole in the right CV boot. I found that it is the same part as a Geo/Chevy Tracker boot just in case anybody else tears one. It was super easy to replace. Just don't go wheeling through heavy brush at night and you will probably never tear one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
P.S. I'm going to post some vids of this thing out in the woods on YouTube if you are interested, nobody else has.

The following users liked this post:
Tedf44901 (11-01-2023)

Quick Reply: Advice on Mammoth 800