General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Best and Baddest UTV

Old 01-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best and Baddest UTV

So which UTV is currently the best and baddest for trail riding? So far I'm partial to the Rhino - but I hate to make an expensive mistake.

What is everyone's favorite?

Old 01-13-2008, 02:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

For trail riding, going fast ,being the baddest and having a lot of fun it will be hard to beat a RZR. You don't have to believe me, go out and try one out. It will save you from making a expensive mistake.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

The new King is the Joyner Trooper T2. Have been out with friends on thier RZR & Rhino. There was no question that the T2 out preformed both. The only area we have not gone head to head yet is in the Dunes. That will be in the future sometime. Have owned 3 Jeeps and 3 Dune Buggies. I climbed a hill yesterday that none of the six would have come close to climbing. So steep and long, I was worried about the trip back down. But the T2 made the trip back down as easily as it climbed it. I have been doing a review on ridingarizona.com. I am not a dealer or part of TeamJoynerUSA.com. Just a very very happy NEW T2 owner. Any cracks about the Chinese Carp, I was around when the Japense Crap was first imported and look who is on top now. Take an Open mind and look. I was going to get a RZR before I drove by my local dealer.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Only problem I have with the Chinese is that they're going to own this Country before we know it if we don't start doing something to stop them.

Keep us up to date on your T2. It does look interesting..

Old 01-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

The same thing was said about the Japanese in the 70's when they were the new kid in town. They did buy a lot of stuff but did not take over the country. Agree it is a shame we don't build anything here any longer. Bigger issue than what this forum and post is/was about. Of course they may feel the same way with Walmart, McDonalds, Starbucks & more in China.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

There is a difference but your right this is no place to get all political and stuff. I do kind of like the looks of the T2. I will keep a watch on your review in the riding az forum. thanks

Old 01-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

I dont own a utv.but I have a buddy that has had a rhino and now owns a RZR.He said He really liked the rhino but he likes the RZR better.If I were you I would talk to some of the rhino and RZR owners before I bought anything. I dont mean to offend anyone but I would be leary of chinese made machines,Ive seen their atvs and their not as dependable as the hondas yamahas etc.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer

The Joyner might be the best machine, but I want to stick with a name brand for the dealer network and resale value. Also I watched the video of the Trooper versus the Rhino. It was obvious to me that they were intentionally trying to make the Rhino look bad. In fact the conditions that they were driving in didn't seem challenging to either brand. I think they made themselves look bad. But they may still have a great product - I guess time will tell.

So what makes the RZR better than a Rhino?

Old 01-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Trailblazer

Much more power.
Much better suspension.
Small enough for ATV trails.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:28 PM

Test drive it for yourself and see which you like best. It is expensive either way you look at it. Also check out every review you can find on the UTVs/RUVs. Also what are you going to be using it for, keep that in mind since it will make a differnce in how you or anyone else will be using your UTV. If you want to trick it out also find out the manufactures who have parts and see the prices.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best and Baddest UTV