General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

4 SEATER RHINO

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 SEATER RHINO

Hey,
This is my first post in the UTV section of this site.

I have a 2005 Yamaha Rhino 660 with a few current mods. I recently went to a Side X Side Rally hosted by our local dealer. We had a blast by the way. Anyway I noticed alot of four seaters there. So for the last few weeks I've been seriously considering adding a cage extension to mine and a bench seat. I'm now 99.9 % sure I'm going to do this. My wife and twelve year old daughter have been riding with me but as you know unless you stay on easy terrain thats not very safe. I figure we would have much more fun if we are all safe. My biggest question is for the ones of you that have this mod how do you like it. How did it effect the ride. Does it handle about the same as before when only carrying two people? I have a set of I Shocks with High and Low speed compression adjustment that I figure I can firm up to help with the added weight. My next question the cage extension itself. What brand should I buy and how are the one that mount in the bed instead of on the bumper. I personally like the look in the bed look the best. Last question and off this subject but what kind of CDI upgrade seems to work the best right now?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 4 SEATER RHINO

I used redarts cage and beard seats- i moved the stock seats to the back and put matching covers on them to match the replacement front seats. The cage was well built- it used soild race style connectors- not slip-jointed, and it included the rear bumper and it mounted to the chassis. Handling I'm sure will be different, but I put a long travel kit on it at the same time so I have nothing to compare it to. I used black rhino's cdi kit and definately noticed an improvement.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 4 SEATER RHINO

Is the redart cage and extension or complete cage? What exactly is the difference in slip and race connectors?