General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Joyner 650 Commando / Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joyner 650 Commando / Warranty

I purchased my Joyner Commando last year and it has been out of warranty for several months, this past weekend while hunting I experienced a loud popping noise and total failure of the rear differential. I took the unit to my local dealer, Hyco Equipment in Roxboro, NC. They examined the problem and disassembled the differential to find that the pinion gear had given way and the inside was chewed up, they called the factory and they quickly made the decision to cover the part even out of warranty, they had never seen this problem on any units and determined it was a fluke. End result: I am still completely happy with every aspect of my Commando! It is a great utv and the service matches it well. If you are considering a UTV and live in NC, I'd highly recommend Joyner and their wonderful dealer, Hyco of Roxboro, NC. I have used it to hunt and tend to the lease land and could not ask for a better machine!