General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Kawasaki Mule vs Polaris Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-1999, 06:05 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of the folks around here have John Deere 6x6 Gators. They are similar to both the machines you mention.

Just bringing up another option,

------------------
Kevin Staton

<a href="www.korrnet.org/watvclub">Windrock ATV Club</a>

Check out our Big Fall Ride Oct. 16 and 17

2000 Polaris Magnum 325 4x4

[This message has been edited by kevin_staton (edited 08-22-1999).]

Old 08-22-1999, 11:34 PM
Range Rover

Hey! Hey! I'm a Cajun.

------------------
Arctic Cat 500, Not your average Kitty, The New King Of the Jungle

Old 08-23-1999, 02:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Poly vu Francais! (I cant spell)

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 08-23-1999, 04:30 PM
Range Rover

Whisky- Please take this as constructive criticism. Your posts would be easier to read if you would use "periods" at the end of each sentence.

Old 08-23-1999, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer

I think that it is pretty obvious that you should get a max. In fact I think that everybody should get rid of their banshee's, R's and EX's and get a hot rod max. I mean, you have a whole 10 horsepower and like 19 foot pounds of torque, so why not. And then you have 6 21 inch "mud tires,
that "will take you through anything" And then you can go on down to the water hole and wash it all off. Did I forget the massive 0 inches of suspension travel. Who needs suspension when you have all kinds of little fat tires on the ground. In fact, anyone who has a quad or trike or anything other than a max is ignorant. I am going to trade off all of my bikes for maxes. Oh yeah, they also can climb any hill and pull any trailer. Max Rules!!!!!! Hooray!!!!
350XX, 250R, 200XX, 450S

Old 08-24-1999, 01:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would get a max if I could only swing the cash for the extra 2 tires. It might break me to pay for 6 new tires every time they wore out. Then again, what the hell am I thinking. The MAX is so awesome that it comes with special lifetime tires with 100,000 mi. tread life. The more I think about, it sounds too good to be true. I'm trading this week, no doubt about it!

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 08-25-1999, 03:03 PM
Trailblazer

I went to the dealer yesterday and saw a Kawasaki mule 4x4. It had blackwaters on it but not sure what size. It looked pretty cool. I guess If i was you i would get the mule it has more power and then you don't have to worry about buying 6 new tires when you need them. A 6x6 just seems like it be so hard to turn. well hope this helps but I don't know a whole lot about mules and rangers.

Mud600

Old 08-25-1999, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

One things for sure if we all got maxes we wouldn,t need that "Worst Crash " topic on the Forum a couple of notches up the ladder you could just start one called "worst Bumps" I have only seen one ranger it was at a trade show it was powerful , fast and very easy to operate , The mule is a nice proven design but I tend to agree with the guy above look at the John Deere gators there are several to choose from and all of the Plantations in my area (S.C. Lowcountry)use them almost exclusivly in their Hunting operations. They have big payloads and are really comfortable machines a little loud by comparison to an atv but they must be good they are really popular in this area.

------------------
Kevin Gowdy AKA-Kagey1999 Polaris Magnum 500

Old 08-26-1999, 11:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

I don't want to step on any toes but our rescue squad has a Gator and it hoovers bad. We went to get a woman that had flipped her quad out in the woods and this thing would hardly get through the slight mud we came upon. Now granted. I'm sure the stock tires had a LOT to do with this but many buyers don't like to buy aftermarkets. They expect good tires when they buy the machine.
Now to John Deere company's credit they do state (or at least did) that the Gator isn't a true off road machine. Now personally I have to go against my own distates to offer my choice of machine. Mules are nice but I don't think they'd get you everywhere you'd want to go. I truly honestly hate polaris but I would have to say go with the Ranger. I got to test ride one (unfortunatly in a parking lot) and hit had plenty of power (for being so heavy) felt really stable in a turn at speed (so I would assume it is stable on slow side hills) and was just plain nice to ride in.

------------------
Chris "Tat dain't no darn mudhole, tat's a wadder puddle" Pyle

ICQ me for a quick response!

Old 08-26-1999, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Good point about the Gator I did not consider that these guyd down here use them on good hard roads almost exclusivly. They don,t have much ground clearance either. You might want to consider what the guy said above my post.

------------------
Kevin Gowdy AKA-Kagey1999 Polaris Magnum 500

Quick Reply: Kawasaki Mule vs Polaris Ranger