General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

sunL slgk 650 utv clutch/tranny help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default assembled the tranny

Well I assembled the tranny last wednesday and unexpectedly had to leave town. Well I guess the silicone is probly had way more than enuf time to cure. lol. I am headed to my shop tonight and gonna stab the trans in there so tomorrow morning I can concentrate on hooking the cluch cables an such up. I filled the tranny with gear oil before i left so hopefully its all still in there if not I am gonna have a heck of a mess.
cya
eric

Old 09-03-2009, 07:05 AM
Trailblazer
Default Well that didnt work out real good

Well got the tranny back in the utv, but now the clutch wont dissengage. Its almost there but not quite, also I guess the silicone in the bellhousing didnt hold cause once I tried to shift gears it started leaking fluid fron the inspection plate. So this weekend I will pull the tranny out again clean it up and I am gonna take it to my buddy who can weld aluminum. Gonna have him build up around the "hole" in the bell housing where that gear assembly shaft protrudes thru so it will keep it from leaking and give it some extra support. o well I am learning alot tho.
Eric

Old 09-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default Clutch still wont disengage

Well I pulled the tranny out again, cleaned up and resiliconed over the gear and this time that worked as far as not leaking.

I pulled the clutch and pressure plate and the clutch looked fine so put it all back together, put the tranny back in and clutch still wont dissengage, I dont know what the heck to do now, I looked all over and cant find a clutch and pressure plate for sale on any of the china part sites.

If I can find the parts I will replace them and give it another try, if that dont work I will just try to recoup some money and sell it as a parts unit I guess.

Boy this is just rediculous.
Eric

Old 07-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also have a slgk 650 from sunL i had to search for a long,long,long,long,long time before i found a place that sell the tranny i needed. the web site is globaltrailer.net.
you will have to call them but they CAN get it . it will probly take a week or two.
i also need to ask for help, i need to know what size clutch i need, it took so long to find the tranny i think i lost the old one does anyone have a picture of the clutch?

Old 07-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Trailblazer

I will try to contact that website for a transmission. This is the second time I have had to order the mid axle assembly and install it I dont know if the case will take another failure as it is chewed up really bad.
I have alot of pics of the transmission but none of the clutch and pressure plate, I never had to remove them.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Transmission of 650B

Hey! I have an SLGK 650 B and have the same grinding problem in the Transmission. I only does it when it is hot outside so I thought to flush the tranny and add new fluid. My problem is the manual that was given applys to the ATV rather than the UTV. Of course a service chart is included but it gave the wrong engine oil (10w-30 instead of 15w-40) and it has no recommendations as to what transmission fluid to use. Would You know what fluid to use in the transmission and/or know where I can get a Manual??

Old 08-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default Slgk 650-b tranny

Unfortunatley if you have a grinding flushing is not going to work. The problem wi;; be in the transfer part of the trans. when i rebuilt mine i used a standered grade 90wt gear oilI can send you a photo file of what your up against send me an email to campbellguitar@yahoo.com

Old 09-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunL slgk 650 utv

I have a SunL UTV thats actually running backwards. The crank is running clockwise not counter. So the alternator & water pump are not functioning. This just started recently. I am so confused as to a cause. The starter seems to be turning the wrong way.
Any suggestions

Old 01-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sunl utv problems

I have a sunl utv 650. It overheated a lot. The problem was the wiring. The connection would jiggle loose and the electric fan would stop and it would overheat. had it retired and problem was solved. Then grinding sound. Local mechanics diagnose as transmission problems, but cant get parts. just been told that can get sunl utv parts at massimomotorscom. can anyone confer that info? I want to fix it but have put a lot of extra money in it with windshield, fenders, etc. Anyone want to buy for parts or can tell mr where to get parts so
I can fix it?

Old 01-03-2015, 08:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Location

Where is it located? I'm in San Antonio. Now my spider gear in rear end is broken. Unable to repair

Originally Posted by Mjbraun
I have a sunl utv 650. It overheated a lot. The problem was the wiring. The connection would jiggle loose and the electric fan would stop and it would overheat. had it retired and problem was solved. Then grinding sound. Local mechanics diagnose as transmission problems, but cant get parts. just been told that can get sunl utv parts at massimomotorscom. can anyone confer that info? I want to fix it but have put a lot of extra money in it with windshield, fenders, etc. Anyone want to buy for parts or can tell mr where to get parts so
I can fix it?

Quick Reply: sunL slgk 650 utv clutch/tranny help needed