General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

ATV vs SxS

Old 10-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO, you made the better choice. As awesome as the desert ed is, it's always better to have 2 machines that cater to your needs better, especially when they are still top of the line units. Congrats on the purchase! How does the new sportsman 1000 stack up vs the renegade btw?

Old 10-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Sportsman feels a little stronger than the Renegade, but is much smoother and more refined. The smoothness is what is most noticeable with the Sportsman. The engine is super smooth with no vibration, the transmission engagement is super smooth, the suspension is super smooth. It really feels like a quality piece of equipment. The Renegade has more of a brute strength, crude, and unrefined type of feel to it. Both are super fun. If I'm going on a good long ride I'll take the Sportsman. If I'm going on an impossibly tough trail with my friends, where we're expecting rollovers, I'll take the Renegade.