General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Prowler or Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 12:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great point. I'll do that before I make any decisions. I appreciate everyone's help

Old 10-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Hydrex has a good point there...find the machine you are comfortable with and one that fits you comfortably. By test riding you will find some machines that just don't feel comfortable to your body and how you drive. When I was shopping for mine the two machines I found to be the least comfortable to me was the Ranger and the Hisun UTV models. To some people they may feel comfortable but not to me. A test drive is everything...do not spend your hard earned money for anything you have not personally tested to see if it fits!! If your not racing then HP doesn't mean much as long as it is adequate for the job you want to do. I am also a fan of Artic Cat equipment and have been for some time....if they would just get away from that crappy green color....LOL

Old 10-22-2016, 05:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd look at a Kawasaki Teryx too. I've seen some earlier models for pretty reasonable prices. I don't know how much you were wanting to spend but $7000 will get you a nice used Teryx, at least in my area. I've seen some in the $6000 range even. But for a new model, the Kymco 450i utv is a pretty good bargain. For about $8000+fees, you can get a brand new machine.

Old 10-23-2016, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do. Thank you very much!