General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Moose RM4 Plow System Issues?

Old 02-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moose RM4 Plow System Issues?

Hi, folks. I'm new here, and have lurked in the past (especially when doing research on SxS models...as my name implies, I ended up with a Viking and so far, really like it) but this is my first post.

I'm in the process of drafting the issues we've had with the Moose RM4 system, as well as documenting the (ahem) challenges we're having working with our dealer in correcting the issues.

I'm having trouble finding recent reviews on the system that discuss the issues I'm having--there are quite a few older reviews, and when I search using Google or other engines, indexed reviews come up with text that matches my search string, but when I click on the link I can't find those reviews...only glowing ones, which leads me to believe the manufacturer is one of many companies paying consultants to "scrub" negative reviews.

I'm interested, in particular, in the steel quality of their Country line blades, issues with the pulley system (I have had no problems with the pulley system, though I only got mine a month ago), issues with the original system w/out the pulley (i.e. snapping 3500lb cables after an hour or two of light duty work) and steel quality of the mechanism that slides into the receiver, and in turn holds the push tubes.

Any input would be awesome. I am trying to counter claims of "never had any issues reported," and "typically it's user error", to add to documentation from a neighbor who happens to be an expert in metallurgy, physical chemistry and aeronautic engineering, and who has shared my frustration in this mess all winter.

Aside from all that...I'm glad I found the forum, and I hope to join in on the other discussions. Our Viking was a worthwhile investment, and has been invaluable in becoming my "mobile workbench", livestock feeding, tree-hauling & chore rig. The third seat has been extremely useful in giving all the neighborhood dogs rides (there's always someone's dog sitting in it, no matter where it's parked).

LadyViking

Old 02-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you like the Viking! I don't know anything about the Moose plows, but I really like the "Cycle Country" plows, I think now may be Kolpin. Anyway, took my Arctic Cat 700 Diesel to the local Polaris dealer for the install of a 6' model. It's a rugged set up. OH, Welcome to the forum!!

Search this Thread