General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Reminder to go over and inspect your quad every now and again

Old 03-23-2017, 11:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reminder to go over and inspect your quad every now and again

Hey guys bought this kodiak used from a guy and I am going over everything checking it out, and found a mouse had set up house in the primary drive. Little so and so: Any ways just thought I would post this as a reminder if your quad sits for periods of time you may want to give it a good inspection every now and again

Old 03-23-2017, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought my Arctic Cat 500, I found a mouse nest inside the gas tank. Previous owner had left the cover off for a long while. Ran for a while. When I drained the tank, holy $hit!

Old 03-26-2017, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I have heard of this happening from machines that sit for a period of time even with the original owner. We depend on these machines to do our chores or get us out and back from miles out into the backcountry so...a little TLC will go along way in making sure our rides get us back safely. I know this spring will get my machine a complete go over and all will be checked closely before my first venture outside the neighborhood.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:05 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Inspecting to a checklist is part of preventative maintenance, always a good idea on our trouble prone machines. The user's manual usually has such a checklist. Inspecting the drive belt is one of those items. Hummm, why is there corn kernels in my CVT housing? Mice seem to think wire insulation is a nice treat also.

I enjoy my travel trailer. I had to fix a plumbing leak this winter. I dropped the pan covering the fresh water tank. I nice little mummified mouse corpse was in that pan. I thought that awful smell was the beagle. The mouse got a proper burial.

David

Search this Thread