Guns and Ammo, Optics, Accessories Discussions on guns and ammo, optics, and accessories.

What's the deal with ammunition or lack there of?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's the deal with ammunition or lack there of?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CaptainQuint

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ss97

This is totally not true........ </end quote></div>

Yes it is true. You're not paying attention and you're listening to what they say rather than what they do and what they have done in the past.

And for those hanging their hopes o the heller decision you're in for one hell of a shock. It was a serious loss for personal Liberty and the Second Amendment. Read the decision and the arguments. it's a wide open door for government regulation and it ignores completely the actual purpose of the Second Amendment.</end quote></div>

No sorry, I'm not listening to them at all.... I was a Poli-Sci major at one point so I've always followed political agenda. And the facts are that it is not the president who you need to worry about.......

Look at it this way....if any anti-gun legislation gets through to Obama's desk, it is already too late. That means that enough of yours and my local reps passed the legislation, and they did it all without Obama being involved.

The President is the FINAL step in the process, NOT the first which is what people seem to believe. As I said in my last post, most people do not even pay attention to their local elections, yet those are the men and women who are voting bills to the President's desk.

This is the fundamental problem with American politics. A record number of people came out to vote for Obama, but how many do you think voted in the local elections two years ago? Would you believe only 30% of American's even vote in local elections? Compared to 60% for Presidential elections. What does that tell you? It proves that people think the President is the most important part of our political structure and that assumption could not be more wrong.

Obama is no more or less a fool than Bush or Clinton or Carter....... they are all just figureheads manipulated by the inside voting structure, which is directly manipulated by that 30% of voters who are choosing whom to vote into those casting positions.

I am all for watching Obama...but by the time you get him in your scope it will be too late to stop anything........so I tell people don't watch him..... contact your local reps and ask them how they stand on guns. And let them know as often as possible that the voters in your district are paying attention...

Old 03-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

Barama is a talking head thats owned by the ultra liberal left,and is their stooge. Their agenda is to bring down the greatest nation in the world. The twin towers started it,now Barama will finish it strictly through manipulation of our economy.How do you kill a nation,? Through economic strangulation.I know there are doubters,and so be it,but Osama Bin Ladin will get his way with this new terror tactic.Economic ruin is the new terror attack,and Barama is the point man. Most great countries suffered defeats from within,the Bamster is a "Trojan Horse"

Old 03-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to say boys, but I think that the worst is yet to come. Look at who we are talking about. Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Holder, Clinton, Schumer to name a few.

ss97, it may not come directly from Obama, but one of his underlings so he does not take the heat. We here in Massachusetts have fought and fought and have an excellent grass roots NRA type group in the Gun Owners Action League (G.O.A.L.). Even though the antis could not get anything through the legislature, the Attorney General passed some Consumer Protection Statutes, not requiring approval by the legislature or even a vote by the public, that virtually killed all importation of firearms from out of state.

Believe me when I tell you that if the economy was not in the dumper and the #1 priority for Obama and the American people, gun issues would be on the front burner. As someone else said, they will come after the ammunition first with either restrictive transfer laws or high taxes. There was even a discussion of legislation requiring serial numbers on all bullets. All reloads and or bullets that you currently owned that did not bear a serial number would be illegal. Also remember that your new Attorney General, Eric Holden, was the attorney that worked the case in Washington, D.C. vs Heller. and it wasn't for our side. With Obama in office for the next 4 to 8 years, in all likelyhood he will be appointing one, two or three justices to the Supreme Court. Should that court be changed by three votes and assuming that he appoints folks that are in the anti gun camp, then you can kiss the Heller decision goodbye and many other conservative platforms for decades to come.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a side note, 16, 12, 10 gauge etc. slugs are over .50 cal and 20 gauge is right about .50. I live in NY, and within the past year have added a few so called "assault weapons" to my collection. You very well can buy them in this state and at least currently they are easy to purchase, just hard to come by. Of course, NY puts a bunch of stupid restrictions on "evil features" such as collapsible stocks, bayonet lugs, pistol grips, and muzzle breaks. Those are all deadly parts of any rifle I suppose? Oh, and you can easily get an AR-15 upper chambered in anything from .22LR up to .50 cal and pretty much everything in between. So I guess if the taxes are going to go up on "assault weapon" calibers, they have to be raised on all rifle rounds.

To contrribute to the OP question and not totally jack the thread, I see a number of factors contributing with lack of ammo, all of which have been touched on by others here. Probably some supply issues with our two long term wars burning up some supply. With the new administration more people are stocking up when they get the chance as well(I'm one of them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) Also I think there some unscrupulous vendors out there taking advantage among other things. On the bright side, the longer we go without renewing the AWB, the more likely supply will loosen up soon.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

Barama is not the most powerful man in the world?.....uuhhhh I wasn't a political major,but I have been a member of the conservative south since Goldwater,and know that LBJ got what he wanted,so why does Barama have limited power? The only thing he doesn't have is Nany Pelosi eyes with the botox.He has the congress and the presidency,and mucho power to do what he wants,especially with appointing judges.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

"Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent."

whitehouse.gov

Old 03-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

doublepost

Old 03-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Who would trust Biden? His best days have long been gone!Don't worry about Barama, he want be re elected,wall street want let him be .....economics dictate political races.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

I want to thank ALL that posted; whatever your view is.

I learned several things from this thread.
#1 I'm going to get some more ammo this week. (Can't afford it since I lost my job, but so be it. $20 bucks now or 200 latter.)
#2 Things are going to get ugly.........soon.

I'm not an alarmist, but this deal is what my daddy warned me about 30 years ago.

Thanks again for posting. ALL your views are welcome. Keep your powder dry and your 12 gauge handy.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ss97

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CaptainQuint

Several reasons why ammo is hard to get.

The election of Obama. He and his VP and his party are hostile to guns and gun owners and have vowed to ban them. Gun and ammunition sales have skyrocketed to levels never seen before.

Another is that Obama appears to be preparing to ban by executive order all foreign ammunition imports to the US. The inexpensive ammunition being imported from Russia, the Czech republic and other places in Europe will be cut off. He doesn't need to pass anything through congress to do this. He can do it through executive order. He can also do the same thing with any imported firearms or firearms parts. Bush senior did the same thing. Clinton did the same thing with Chinese ammunition. It was banned by executive order bypassing congress.

People rightly see danger on the horizon and they're planning for it.

The shortages caused by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were a minor issue to supplies a couple of years ago but they no longer are. Also the prices of raw materials is no longer high and availability is no longer an issue. Ammunition shortages now are simply due to civilian demand being at unprecedented levels.</end quote></div>

This is totally not true........ I hate Obama but he has NEVER said he was planning any gun ban.... Nor could he ever get it passed...

This is panic induced by NRA spinning to increase gun/ammo sales. It is great that so many people are now interested in our 2nd amendment but the facts are that neither Obama or Biden have said anything about a ban...

Yes the old assault weapon ban will be re-signed no doubt, but that is not a big deal really since it has already been on the books in some form for most states.

The fact of the matter is that this is the United States of America....... "United States" is the key term here that people do not for some reason understand. Each state (or commonwealth) will always have veto power over the federal government. They always have and they always will. So don't look to Obama for your gun laws look at your state reps and state law makers.

Why do you think the gun laws vary so much from state-to-state? Because the states hold the trump cards in all laws. Go ahead and try to buy an AR in NY or NJ or MA.... you cannot do it..... In NY you have to jump though so many hoops to get a pistol license that most people won't even bother.

The panic buying was halted when Obama stood up for the CCW law in National Parks. If he was so anti-gun he certainly would not have let that stand up, but he did and he applauded the Bush administration for passing it so quickly.

This not to defend Obama at all, but for some reason there are so many myths and fallacies out there about big bad Obama banning guns or making ammo cost $500 a box or, bans on imported weapons etc...etc...etc.....

The facts are that 99% of these things are totally unfounded. As I said, I'm glad that people are now paying attention to our 2nd amendment rights, but we need to get the correct information out there so that we can keep an eye on the correct people....And while Obama needs to be watched, it is your states that really need to be watched....</end quote></div>

Sounds like someone has been swimming in the cool-aid. Anyone who believes this administration won't push for further gun control is delusional. Just one example is HR45 - look it up. And that is just the tip of the iceberg; there are far more bills in the works.

Quick Reply: What's the deal with ammunition or lack there of?