Guns and Ammo, Optics, Accessories Discussions on guns and ammo, optics, and accessories.

What's the deal with ammunition or lack there of?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 05:20 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My grandfather left me a mint old 16 ga sxs holland shotgun that takes a 2 1/2" shell (can't shoot a 2 3/4" regular shell) couldn't find them anywhere- no one had them, and everyone said I won't find them anywhere, anymore from anyone. Then I found this company "Polywad" based in Roberta, Ga. developer & manufacturer of shotguns- I told them what I had and in 3 days I had in my possession 100 rounds (4 cases) of 16ga 2.5" spred-R shells for under $100, no questions asked about a license or permit!
I couldn't believe it because you can't **** in the woods in mass without a permit, a letter from the land owner, a certified copy of the plot, a notarized slip from the attorney general and a personal chaperone from the mass EPA!

Old 03-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
My grandfather left me a mint old 16 ga sxs holland shotgun that takes a 2 1/2" shell (can't shoot a 2 3/4" regular shell) couldn't find them anywhere- no one had them, and everyone said I won't find them anywhere, anymore from anyone. Then I found this company "Polywad" based in Roberta, Ga. developer & manufacturer of shotguns- I told them what I had and in 3 days I had in my possession 100 rounds (4 cases) of 16ga 2.5" spred-R shells for under $100, no questions asked about a license or permit!
I couldn't believe it because you can't **** in the woods in mass without a permit, a letter from the land owner, a certified copy of the plot, a notarized slip from the attorney general and a personal chaperone from the mass EPA!
LMAO..thats what I dont understand, with the posts that say they cant get ammo....its all over the internet!

Like here www.cheaperthendirt.com or like this place it's a little high, but I buy these a Wal-Mart for goofing off for $15.95 Federal 22Cal. Long Rifle. 40gr. Lead Round Nose - 500 pk

Old 03-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by wydglide
LMAO..thats what I dont understand, with the posts that say they cant get ammo....its all over the internet!

Like here www.cheaperthendirt.com or like this place it's a little high, but I buy these a Wal-Mart for goofing off for $15.95 Federal 22Cal. Long Rifle. 40gr. Lead Round Nose - 500 pk
Yea, you can go to a whole bunch of internet sales sites....and most of what you click on has "out of stock" noted on it. Some of the less honest ones take your order, your pay pall payment, then send you an e-mail that it is back ordered.
Some stuff is starting to become available now, but it's going to take a long time.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:27 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Oldman800
Yea, you can go to a whole bunch of internet sales sites....and most of what you click on has "out of stock" noted on it. Some of the less honest ones take your order, your pay pall payment, then send you an e-mail that it is back ordered.
Some stuff is starting to become available now, but it's going to take a long time.
Well as I posted before...here in Tennessee its no problem to order OR walk in and buy ammo of all Calibers, makes me feel bad for you guys who love to shoot like I do in other area's of the States!

but I do agree that 1-2 years ago their was a huge rush to buy up ammo, but I just don't see it anymore!

Respects & Keep'em in the 10 ring!
Glide

Old 03-31-2010, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
That's surprising that they actually sent ammo to you here in Massachusetts. Most catalog and internet places won't. I've tried Cheaper Than Dirt. They used to allow you to send a copy of your License to Carry or FID and they'd send the ammo. Not anymore. Cabelas and Bass Pro are the same. I just pick it up when I can.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Trailblazer

maybe you didn't look in the correct place according to their site and Catalog...well this is copied from their site
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/FAQs.aspx#7

Question:
Is your price for a box of ammo or a case of ammo?
Answer: The ammo prices shown are "per box" unless otherwise indicated. We indicate how many boxes are in a case for those who prefer to order only case quantities. In most cases, there are no discounts for case quantities, so order just as much as you need. In some instances, we sell a brick of ammo or a case of ammo. These products will be clearly marked as being a larger quantity! During some sale periods, we offer discounts for buying an entire case of ammo, although it can also be purchased by the box. The per-box price for a full case will be clearly marked on these items.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can find it ok for the most part- but geez it sure has gone up in price thse last few yrs

But i think im pretty stuck in the past anyways in manyways- including on the prices of just about everything these day.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:52 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by LzWy
I can find it ok for the most part- but geez it sure has gone up in price thse last few yrs

But i think im pretty stuck in the past anyways in many ways- including on the prices of just about everything these day.
Man ain't that the truth,I'm bad about that type of thinking also, set in my ways I guess!

you know what they say, the mind is the first thing to go .........aww I cant remember the other one!

respects
Glide

Old 05-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Ammo

Try Cabellas for rounds. They are fairly cheap and you can buy in mass. They usually throw in some dry boxes to keep the humidity out. Locally here in Louisiana, you can barely find it on the shelves. When local stores get it they advertise on a sign out front. It is scarce here. Everyone is getting ready for them to stop selling it. ME TO.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by swampyjunior
So this lack of available ammo must be linked to all my back orders for reloading components? Powder is all I can get the primers and the bullets are getting harder to find.
So basically, he's removing the ability to reload rounds that would take one selective target and leaving the population with the main part of a really nasty bomb that is not selective at all? Is he going to ban plumbing too? because 2' of 2" pipe, 2 pipe caps, and a couple pounds of powder would make a pretty decent sized bang.

Quick Reply: What's the deal with ammunition or lack there of?