Guns and Ammo, Optics, Accessories Discussions on guns and ammo, optics, and accessories.

What's the deal with ammunition or lack there of?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ammo lacking

20 years ago, we were joking about this. Today it is fact. They have vectored in on ammo as they realize they can't take away the guns. Same thing they did to the Native Americans - kill off their food source and they could control (nearly eliminated) the Native population. The post about a $200 tax on a box of ammo is right on for their next attempted move. I reload a dozen different calibers - used to pay $1.99/box 100 primers, now? $3.99/box. Nearly $40 per 1000. Powder has gone up a bit. Bullets have gone WAY up. I can load up nearly 500 rounds per hour on my Dillon but can only afford to do so for a couple hours!

Old 07-23-2010, 05:37 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertFox7266
20 years ago, we were joking about this. Today it is fact. They have vectored in on ammo as they realize they can't take away the guns. Same thing they did to the Native Americans - kill off their food source and they could control (nearly eliminated) the Native population. The post about a $200 tax on a box of ammo is right on for their next attempted move. I reload a dozen different calibers - used to pay $1.99/box 100 primers, now? $3.99/box. Nearly $40 per 1000. Powder has gone up a bit. Bullets have gone WAY up. I can load up nearly 500 rounds per hour on my Dillon but can only afford to do so for a couple hours!

your crazy- you'll never see a box of ammo with a $200 tax on it! The gun lobby is too large and won't stand for it.

You used to pay 1.99 / primers and now pay 3.99...big deal! I used to pay .75 for a gallon of milk, .95 for a gallon of gas and $2 to watch a movie!

Do you really expect the prices to stay the same over the years??? As manufacturing, shipping, technology and cost of living increases so will your product, it's that simple- You sound like a waked out militia conspiracy theorist. It's not easier to control guns by controlling the ammo supply! That's ludicrous! I buy all my large caliber & shotgun ammo online and have it shipped to me- I pay 20%-40% less then what it's selling for 3 miles down the road at the gun shop! I don't pay any state taxes and it's on my front deck within 3 days...

-

Old 07-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Trailblazer

Crazy is in the eyes of the beholder. Whack? Perhaps.

How do you like your Outty 800?

Originally Posted by beergut
your crazy- you'll never see a box of ammo with a $200 tax on it! The gun lobby is too large and won't stand for it.

You used to pay 1.99 / primers and now pay 3.99...big deal! I used to pay .75 for a gallon of milk, .95 for a gallon of gas and $2 to watch a movie!

Do you really expect the prices to stay the same over the years??? As manufacturing, shipping, technology and cost of living increases so will your product, it's that simple- You sound like a waked out militia conspiracy theorist. It's not easier to control guns by controlling the ammo supply! That's ludicrous! I buy all my large caliber & shotgun ammo online and have it shipped to me- I pay 20%-40% less then what it's selling for 3 miles down the road at the gun shop! I don't pay any state taxes and it's on my front deck within 3 days...

-

Old 07-23-2010, 10:55 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertFox7266
Crazy is in the eyes of the beholder. Whack? Perhaps.

How do you like your Outty 800?
I guess I'd rather be crazy with a gun then wacked with a knife

I loved my outty 800- it's one violent machine! It has its flaws like any other atv- like a whiney noisey cvt for example- but it's a thrill to ride, and I've ridden them all.

I just sold it a few weeks ago and bought the 2008 outty 650 max xt- I wanted that factory 2-up. My wife (125lbs) and I (175lbs) did over 60 miles on some pretty gnarly trails and we were pretty comfy. Hardly could tell she was back there. I just threw a set of 28" highlifter outlaws on it, now the rides a little bumpier

-

Old 07-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by beergut
I guess I'd rather be crazy with a gun then wacked with a knife

I loved my outty 800- it's one violent machine! It has its flaws like any other atv- like a whiney noisey cvt for example- but it's a thrill to ride, and I've ridden them all.

I just sold it a few weeks ago and bought the 2008 outty 650 max xt- I wanted that factory 2-up. My wife (125lbs) and I (175lbs) did over 60 miles on some pretty gnarly trails and we were pretty comfy. Hardly could tell she was back there. I just threw a set of 28" highlifter outlaws on it, now the rides a little bumpier

-

10-4! Wow, so you went to a 2 up and down in size? I'm going to try out a MAX XT for a day and see if the 2 up thing is for me. Otherwise I'm eyeballing that 800r x xc...

Last summer there was 0 .22LR ammo available here. This summer, I bought a case for $17.49/box of 525. Flirting from topic to topic here, trying to keep it on-track...

Old 02-19-2012, 09:47 PM

Terrible... what is the govt coming to?!! Yeah ammo is getting hard to find and is way overpriced. These city boys getting elected have never been around guns, guns shouldn't be feared as they are, but we still need to keep in mind what all can go wrong. These bigwigs base their world of knowledge on 1 thing.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I love the quote from V. "People should not be afraid of their government. Government should be afraid of the people."

Old 02-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Trailblazer

Just bought some 5.56 today for my ar. It has been going quick in MA. Walmart can't keep it on the shelf.

Jim

Old 02-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

This has been going on for over 20 years now and my local gun dealer loves it! He just stocks up on more ammo to fuel the frenzy! Every time we start to get close to election time people panic just like the toilet paper shortage rumor years ago and people started hoarding it! Plenty of surplus AK and AR ammo down here,plus especially good quality ammo also for hunting in basically all calibers too. Yes ammo has gone up,but so has gas,electric bills,insurance among other things. Just my on this as I've seen it happen.Even if the Democrats tried to cut out ammo as some fear,many foreign nations would be glad to supply us! Smuggled in just like all the dope from Mexico! But the NRA lobby is bigger than a lot of people think and politicians aren't crazy enough to cut their own throats!They may ban assault rifles and such,but the right is too far entrenched in the Constitution for them to mess with it to much! I also fell for this and have WAY too much ammo and recently sold back some to my dealer when I sold three of my guns! Noticed he had already had ammo stacked to the ceiling Again just my old opinion! OPT

Old 02-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Bought a 9mm a couple weeks ago. Haven't had one since the early 80's when a box of 20 rounds was 20 bucks. Bought a box of 100 winchester from walmart for 22 bucks. And they had plenty of it.

I guess I should stock up and resell it for a profit so I can afford gas for the vehicles.

Quick Reply: What's the deal with ammunition or lack there of?