Guns and Ammo, Optics, Accessories Discussions on guns and ammo, optics, and accessories.

What's the deal with ammunition or lack there of?

Old 03-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the deal with ammunition or lack there of?

So last month I was in a BIG hunting store looking for ammo. Not much was on the shelf so I asked a clerk. Where is all the ammo? She told me they were having a hard time getting ammo!!!!

What the hell does that mean I asked her?
She sort of rolled her eyes mumbled something about the new administration and taxes?

Is anybody else seeing the same thing?

Do I need to stock up or what?

Old 03-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes Doc, you need to stock up but you should have done it a few months ago. People have been stocking up on guns, mags, and ammo since Obummer was elected. Most rifle and pistol ammo is in short supply. AR-15 rifles and mags are selling like never before. I heard 100,000 ARs sold in the first 3 weeks after the election. Glock is back ordered a million pistol mags. Everyone wants to get what they can before everything is outlawed and ammo has a 1000% tax on it. If they can't outlaw the guns the liberal Democrats want to price ammo out of existence with excessive taxes. A $20 box of ammo will have $200 tax added onto it. The 1994 Clinton Gun Ban that expired in 2004 will be reinstated permanently if they can get enough votes to pass it. Any gun that looks anything like an assault rifle will probably be outlawed soo. There may be a grandfather clause where you can keep what you already legally have or there may not be.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

this country is becoming the USSA.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Also, the supply of lead and copper is short because of the war effort in Iraq and Afghanistan. Get your ammo now. They will make it hard to get either through outright bans or through severe taxation. Vote for conservatives in 2 years for Congress and those seats that are up for election in the Senate.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

Several reasons why ammo is hard to get.

The election of Obama. He and his VP and his party are hostile to guns and gun owners and have vowed to ban them. Gun and ammunition sales have skyrocketed to levels never seen before.

Another is that Obama appears to be preparing to ban by executive order all foreign ammunition imports to the US. The inexpensive ammunition being imported from Russia, the Czech republic and other places in Europe will be cut off. He doesn't need to pass anything through congress to do this. He can do it through executive order. He can also do the same thing with any imported firearms or firearms parts. Bush senior did the same thing. Clinton did the same thing with Chinese ammunition. It was banned by executive order bypassing congress.

People rightly see danger on the horizon and they're planning for it.

The shortages caused by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were a minor issue to supplies a couple of years ago but they no longer are. Also the prices of raw materials is no longer high and availability is no longer an issue. Ammunition shortages now are simply due to civilian demand being at unprecedented levels.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to a local gun show last week,and ther was ample supply of ammo.Prices were higher than in previous months.900 rnds of 223 lake city ammo for 450.00. The scare is on, but I think the efforts of the NRA will kill most of the "Bamsters" ploys. At least I hope so.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CaptainQuint

Several reasons why ammo is hard to get.

The election of Obama. He and his VP and his party are hostile to guns and gun owners and have vowed to ban them. Gun and ammunition sales have skyrocketed to levels never seen before.

Another is that Obama appears to be preparing to ban by executive order all foreign ammunition imports to the US. The inexpensive ammunition being imported from Russia, the Czech republic and other places in Europe will be cut off. He doesn't need to pass anything through congress to do this. He can do it through executive order. He can also do the same thing with any imported firearms or firearms parts. Bush senior did the same thing. Clinton did the same thing with Chinese ammunition. It was banned by executive order bypassing congress.

People rightly see danger on the horizon and they're planning for it.

The shortages caused by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were a minor issue to supplies a couple of years ago but they no longer are. Also the prices of raw materials is no longer high and availability is no longer an issue. Ammunition shortages now are simply due to civilian demand being at unprecedented levels.</end quote></div>

This is totally not true........ I hate Obama but he has NEVER said he was planning any gun ban.... Nor could he ever get it passed...

This is panic induced by NRA spinning to increase gun/ammo sales. It is great that so many people are now interested in our 2nd amendment but the facts are that neither Obama or Biden have said anything about a ban...

Yes the old assault weapon ban will be re-signed no doubt, but that is not a big deal really since it has already been on the books in some form for most states.

The fact of the matter is that this is the United States of America....... "United States" is the key term here that people do not for some reason understand. Each state (or commonwealth) will always have veto power over the federal government. They always have and they always will. So don't look to Obama for your gun laws look at your state reps and state law makers.

Why do you think the gun laws vary so much from state-to-state? Because the states hold the trump cards in all laws. Go ahead and try to buy an AR in NY or NJ or MA.... you cannot do it..... In NY you have to jump though so many hoops to get a pistol license that most people won't even bother.

The panic buying was halted when Obama stood up for the CCW law in National Parks. If he was so anti-gun he certainly would not have let that stand up, but he did and he applauded the Bush administration for passing it so quickly.

This not to defend Obama at all, but for some reason there are so many myths and fallacies out there about big bad Obama banning guns or making ammo cost $500 a box or, bans on imported weapons etc...etc...etc.....

The facts are that 99% of these things are totally unfounded. As I said, I'm glad that people are now paying attention to our 2nd amendment rights, but we need to get the correct information out there so that we can keep an eye on the correct people....And while Obama needs to be watched, it is your states that really need to be watched....

Old 03-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

SS97, do you actually think they are not going to ban or tax firearms, their components, or try to outright ban them?

Old 03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

I guess Eric Holder is a myth!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ss97, check out the whitehouse.gov website. look under The Agenda, Urban Policy, Crime and Law Enforcement. They are looking to reinstate the '94 assault weapon ban, and repeal the tiahrt amendment. That info was up on the web before he even took the oath. There has been other legislation in the works as well, hard to tell just what may see the light of day as of yet though. I urge every one to not stand around with their "eyes wide shut."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's the deal with ammunition or lack there of?