Gift Help - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Old 05-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Default Gift Help

So my dad's 60th birthday is around the corner. Im an ATVer, he's a hunter, so i was thinking about getting him a gun rack for his atv as kind of a cool combo of both our interests type gift. I've never even looked at one of these contraptions before and have no guidelines as far as price/quality. I found this listing of racks Atv Gun Racks, Holders & Mounts At Sportsman's Guide. can anyone help guide me in the right direction?
Old 05-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

We sold a lot of the kolpin single and double rack mount rifle holders and an equal amount of the Kolpin Gun Boot(which in my opinion is the best protection). It does kinda restrict getting on the atv, to one side or the other,but that's the only drawback. OPT
Old 06-21-2011, 10:23 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APappa View Post
So my dad's 60th birthday is around the corner. Im an ATVer, he's a hunter, so i was thinking about getting him a gun rack for his atv as kind of a cool combo of both our interests type gift. I've never even looked at one of these contraptions before and have no guidelines as far as price/quality. I found this listing of racks Atv Gun Racks, Holders & Mounts At Sportsman's Guide. can anyone help guide me in the right direction?
make sure you check your local laws-
here in mass- you have to carry your shotgun in a case (can't hunt with a rifle in mass ), so the front rack rifle forks are kind of useless unless you can fit a big rifle case in'em.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

got ya, i'll have to look into the laws here.

since the racks seem to be restricting is it even worth getting? Or am i better off getting something more generic, not so 'gun specific'. If i got him something more along the lines of this:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=806559

which will allow us to haul other stuff like firewood and other gear.