Guns and Ammo, Optics, Accessories Discussions on guns and ammo, optics, and accessories.

who has a potato cannon?

Old 06-20-2011, 11:54 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default who has a potato cannon?

I dug up some pics of my potato cannon-

uses propane and a meter valve- and the 4 spark combustion rail system I designed using the electrical components from a gas range the barrel is double-wall with foam insulation in the barrel void- the combustion purge fan came out of a desktop computer.
I'll post some finished pics later- right now it's black, has a pipe stand and a remote user control box
I swear I can hit the moon with a potato-

anyone else into launching produce at the spped of sound

Attached Thumbnails who has a potato cannon?-dscn0680.jpg   who has a potato cannon?-dscn0683.jpg   who has a potato cannon?-dscn0689.jpg   who has a potato cannon?-dscn0682.jpg   who has a potato cannon?-dscn0673.jpg  

Old 06-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes but mine is basic and hand held. That looks awesome can you e-mail me the pic's and spec's that you have to mitchell@easttexasatv.com so I van see it when I get home on my real computer. The screen on this blackberry is kind of small

Thanks

Old 06-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

beergut, how come you didn't enter that into the tool house contest?
what's next? punkin chunkin?

Old 06-20-2011, 06:25 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by Jaster94
beergut, how come you didn't enter that into the tool house contest?
I wanted to- I have so many cool projects- from custom made 4 cylinder 2 stroke mini sand rails to a motorized skateboard I built 20 years ago before anyone even heard of'em- but all of my pics ended up on cd's and I have dozen's of cd's all over the place- I just didn't get around to digging the pics out in time

what's next? punkin chunkin?
is that a dare
I'm somewhat an expert at getting things airborne... and at rolling polaris atv's (beating scoot to the punch )

this is a sweet pumpkin cannon!

hehe- and one of my favorites to watch in slow motion

Old 06-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Range Rover
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by beergut

uses propane and a meter valve- and the 4 spark combustion rail system I designed using the electrical components from a gas range the barrel is double-wall with foam insulation in the barrel void- the combustion purge fan came out of a desktop computer.
I'll post some finished pics later- right now it's black, has a pipe stand and a remote user control box

nice I have had 3 over the years but nothing close to yours. got me in the mood to make another one now.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

by the way beergut, i DO appreciate your service to the country. i guess it's a good thing the marine in you will never leave......you still like to blow stuff up......don't know if the punkin chunkin would be considered a dare, . but you'd have to clear that with your wife, i mean, boss....

Old 06-21-2011, 03:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut

Why am I not even surprised that you have the world's most dangerous potato cannon ?

Old 06-21-2011, 05:08 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by cncpro
Why am I not even surprised that you have the world's most dangerous potato cannon ?
wait- are you saying there's another way to "mash potato's"

by the way beergut, i DO appreciate your service to the country. i guess it's a good thing the marine in you will never leave......you still like to blow stuff up......don't know if the punkin chunkin would be considered a dare, . but you'd have to clear that with your wife, i mean, boss....

wife

Old 06-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Pro Rider

I used to have one. It fired on hair spray… untill it blew up in my face.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Pro Rider

I've fired a pneumatic one that was surprisingly powerful and also a WD-40 powered one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: who has a potato cannon?