Guns and Ammo, Optics, Accessories Discussions on guns and ammo, optics, and accessories.

old military rifles

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 08:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Beginning to get out of the old military gun hobby. Sold one of my old M1 Garands, had one of last Springfield mfg barrels(1964) beautiful laminated stock,NM front and rear sights and operating rod! My son wasn't too happy when he found out but I'm leaving him the best of the bunch: A DCM beautiful Garand,two M1 carbines(one Winchester,one a DCM Quality Hardware, both all matching correct parts) Mt6700 Colt match target competition HBar, a SLR95 milled Bulgarian AK, an 1886 Winchester 45-70 with a 26 inch octagon barrel, and a 1890 Winchester pump 22,both with factory letters! Along with my Colt 45 Tactical officers light weight pistol and a few other rifles and shot guns! If he bitches too much,I'll just sell the rest and take a good trip! Wish I could post some pics! OPT
You have nice collection of old guns and in my opinion made a good decision of selling one old gun, because lots of new and advanced guns are coming these days and taking the place of old ones.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:03 AM
Trailblazer

Wow!! It sounds like that you have a large and nice collection of guns. As I am not having much idea about guns, I am not getting the names fully but if it will be possible then post some images of your guns.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

OPT, I have a PPK for trade but it isn't stainless, I bough it new in 1969 and have original box and invoice. I am looking to trade of buy a WWII German 22 single shot training rifle. My dad had one when I was a kid but it was stolen - very accurate.

Old 03-19-2015, 02:32 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Always wanted a PPK stainess 380,but a little pricy for me right now.Had a BYF 41 98 k all matching numbers years ago. Had it along with a couple other 22 rifles in a gun cabinet. Someone wanted them more that me.. That's why I believe in safes now.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:06 AM
Trailblazer

Good collection by the way, I like M1903 Springfield rifles and M1 Garands—the legendary battle rifle of WWII.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:08 AM
Trailblazer

I like M1903 Springfield rifles and M1 Garands—the legendary battle rifle of WWII which comes with hornady ammo. Nice collection by the way.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Jumbo... I have slowly added to my small collection. I started out with a Remington 700 SPS tactical with the full bull barrel. Added a decent3-12x44MM scope From weaver, a Medalist Bell and Carlson adjustable stock, trigger job etc. Sweet out to about 800 yards, Just added a Springfield armory M1A loaded, and have mounted the same scope to it and am getting ready to fire it for the first time at the NRA range at the HQ in the next couple weeks just to run some rounds through it. I have a Rugar SR-40 and S&W M&P Pro .40 cal handguns, and have been eyeing a new Kimber 1911 in .45. I think I'll quit there.... Have stayed away from AR's, only because of the hoopla that surrounds them. My son has a couple of them. Me, I like the classic lines of the older stuff. the M1A will shoot as well as anything out there, and is a .308 like my Remington. (I only want to stockpile one rifle caliber. As for Ammo hoarding as some call it, let's be honest here, the shortage was caused by the government buying up all the popular ammo to take it out of consumer's hands as a means of doing something since their attempt to overturn the 2nd amendment failed. that caused the panic. If you look at it, Ammo makes better investment than Gold and Silver. You can barter it, it never goes down in price, and demand is still very high. I have 5000 rnds of .40 cal (We Mrs DB and I practice regularly) and maintain 2500 .308 in various types, and I have considerable .22LR for trading locked away. I don't consider myself a prepper, but do feel it prudent to keep a decent supply of food, water and be prepared to hook up my toy hauler and roll if the need is there. Being close to DC kind of makes one nervous you know... I have 9 acres of prime hunting land (Secret location) with enough timber to last a lifetime... so I am ready if I need to bug out.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:32 PM
Trailblazer

I've got a collection of, primarily, WWII vintage rifles - love the Garand, M1 Carbine, Enfield and Mosin Nagants. Recently added this - it's a new manufacture version of the WWII Thompson M1A1, made by Auto Ordnance, the same company that produced them during WWII. It is semi only but stiff requires an ATF Tax Stamp because of its short-barreled length. It is a blast to shoot.

IMG_0672_1.jpg

Attached Thumbnails old military rifles-img_0672_1.jpg  
Old 12-12-2017, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider

May not count, but I recently bought a Colt 1911 Competition in .45 ACP. My gunsmith talked me out of the Kimber and into the Colt.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by hydrex
May not count, but I recently bought a Colt 1911 Competition in .45 ACP. My gunsmith talked me out of the Kimber and into the Colt.
I have a Kimber Ultra CDP II with a 3" barrel that is my normal concealed carry, and also a 1944 Remington Rand M1911A1 - have always loved the 1911 frame. Going with a Colt is a great choice!! Have you had a chance to shoot it?

One of my favorite pistols is this Hi-Power made under **** occupied contract for the German Army in WWII. These pistols were issued to airborne and SS units. My father-in-law passed it on to me and, after he'd passed away we actually found the capture paperwork in his old files.

Hi Power.jpg

Attached Thumbnails old military rifles-hi-power.jpg  

Quick Reply: old military rifles