Guns and Ammo, Optics, Accessories Discussions on guns and ammo, optics, and accessories.

old military rifles

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like newer military style rifles. I have two AR-15s but the HK 91 is the one I always wanted. I was going to get one at an estate sale auction but the price went way too high for me. I did get some ammo that I probably paid too much for.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:12 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

That's why I got most of mine back in 94-95 while prices were still fairly reasonable on surplus rifles along with my Colt ar15 and ak47. Kinda choke up a little when I see some of the prices now on rifles,pistols,but even more so on the cost of ammo!

Old 03-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I like newer military style rifles. I have two AR-15s but the HK 91 is the one I always wanted. I was going to get one at an estate sale auction but the price went way too high for me. I did get some ammo that I probably paid too much for.
That the bidding essentially went into orbit is not surprising, since I've not been able to find one of H&K's 'military' rifles for anything less than $3 grand.

As for ammunition, I'm lucky that we just got a Bi Mart, which is a department store chain that entirely employee owned up here in the Pacific Northwest, up here in Aberdeen (about 26 miles from me). They have the lowest prices on ammo in the area and are even less than the best prices I can find online, so I do my best to buy a box every time I drive into Aberdeen. At least, if they have what I generally shoot, which is not often, sadly. All of the 9mm tends to go like ice cream on a really hot day!

Old 03-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
That's why I got most of mine back in 94-95 while prices were still fairly reasonable on surplus rifles along with my Colt ar15 and ak47. Kinda choke up a little when I see some of the prices now on rifles,pistols,but even more so on the cost of ammo!
Oy, no kidding! It really bugs me that people are going so paranoid crazy that they're buying ammunition as if there's going to be a Zombie Apocalypse tomorrow, which is driving up prices and lessening availability. As much as our illustrious Commander in Chief may wish to rid the nation of all civilian owned weapons, it just ain't gonna happen. Even if he signed a Presidential Order decreeing that civilian ownership of firearms would be illegal henceforth, the Supreme Court would shoot it down faster than he could smirk over his little attempted coup.

Oookay... End of rant.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:09 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Second Amendment isn't the problem as they've tried this for years and can't do any thing about it as it's worded so precise that even the SCOTUS wont touch it anymore,BUT liberals swarming all around this amendment,cutting foreign imports,limiting magazine capacity, designating "assault rifle" terms to semi auto rifles,trying to pass bills that will have "serial numbers" on ammo and boxes, buying up a lot of ammo, panic buying by the public is a problem. Add a little greed,supply and demand and here's where we're at..

Old 03-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Second Amendment isn't the problem as they've tried this for years and can't do any thing about it as it's worded so precise that even the SCOTUS wont touch it anymore,BUT liberals swarming all around this amendment,cutting foreign imports,limiting magazine capacity, designating "assault rifle" terms to semi auto rifles,trying to pass bills that will have "serial numbers" on ammo and boxes, buying up a lot of ammo, panic buying by the public is a problem. Add a little greed,supply and demand and here's where we're at..

Yep, pretty much!

Old 05-29-2014, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gimme the ol M-3 grease gun a case a Irish whiskey and 2 cases a ammo and I'll hold the fort I will. The whiskey is so I don't mind when I burn my finger cocking the weapon

Old 05-29-2014, 10:43 PM
Moto Psycho

I used to work on grease guns, among other things, in the army. We had mostly M-3A1s but also some original M-3s with cocking handles on them. They were WWII surplus and still going strong 40 years later. The main work I did on them was replacing the barrel latches. I had to rivet them on with a hammer. It was interesting work.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:49 PM
Moto Psycho

I forgot to mention I saw some Swiss K-31s and Mosin-Nagants at Gander Mountain last week. They had a whole rack full.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

Some nice hardware

Quick Reply: old military rifles