Help With Forum Software! A Place to get Help with the Forum.

videos in the future?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 04:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default videos in the future?

I've been gone for awhile and came to videos. awesome! except it wont accept any of mine. So I reupped my supporting membership again and I still dont see any activity on the video site. I'm sure it's been covered below, it's late, and I just wanted you to know that I am curious about this. Other sites are posting user's videos.....perhaps this could use more attention.
By the way, have have all you old farts been? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, I signed up as a supporting member for the video's, but NO NEW vid's for over a year now!!! What gives???

Old 08-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

Unfortunately, we haven't had the time to update the video section. We'll be having a volunteer take care of updating that section but in order for them to do so it requires some software programming which again has had to wait because of lack of time. I know it's kind of the pits but unfortunately I can only do so much. We're trying to hire more staff which will also help free up time to work on things like the video gallery.

In the mean time, we've been giving free extensions to the supporting member renewals. Some people have had over 2 years of supporting membership but only paid for one because of the renewal extensions we've been giving out to everyone.

We won't be charging for renewals until we have something besides the caps to offer you when you renew. We also want to get the video gallery back up to speed and we'll be setting up a new forum category for supporting members which will have some exciting stuff in it that you will like.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Old 09-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeh. . .

I've been the "Contributor of the Month" for over a year now. . . still haven't seen my hat in the mail [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k

Seriously though. Don't need a hat. Thanks for the update Dbeck. Sounds like the tail has grown a little bigger than the dog! Good problems!

I've noticed in the last few months the forums have gone from one or two advertisers to 3, 4 or more and at least a couple manufacturers!!!

Check out my buddies site for some of our trip videos in the mean-time www.allaboutsand.com Click on video and take a look at all the helmet cam videos we've taken.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Hi guys,

Yes, things have extremely busy this year. We just finished a redesign of the magazine. We have the new "look" ready for the magazine and we have built a new hosting server with some very powerful and feature-rich content publishing software. The content publishing software is needed because we have added 5 new writers to produce more content for the magazine. We have a huge effort to undertake in moving all of the content over to the new server and then you will start to see a lot of new stories published much more frequently than in the past.

Because of things like this conversion effort that is taking all of our attention, we have not been able to update the video gallery here. Before anyone thinks they may have been "shorted" on their supporting membership because of the videos -- I just want to say that we have been renewing everyone for free. Some people have had their 1-year supporting membership for well over 2 years now without being asked to pay a renewal. In other words, we're trying to take care of everyone by giving them something extra at no charge to make up for the lack of videos.

Once the magazine conversion is completed then we're going to look at a major overhaul of these forums. One of the things we'll be doing is setting it up so that someone besides me can update the video section. We'll also be looking at offering something like a duffel bag to our renewing supporting members so that they can get something different when they renew other than the hat.

Old 10-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

dbeck let me know when you get the duffel bag or what ever you'll have for the renewing supporting members. I need to renew, my supporting member has been turned off.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks dbeck!