Honda Side by Sides Talk about the resilient Honda Sport and Utility.

Atc 200m !@#$ recoil spring

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atc 200m !@#$ recoil spring

hello everyone! new to the forum, went through a couple atv forums, figured this is the one to call "home" SO, I got this Honda 200m from my buddy, runs good, brakes need work( no biggie) had to get a new pull rope, and, to my misfortune, imo, the hardest thing on anything to fix, the stupid recoil spring popped out, I have been trying for a good part of the day, messed up my finger (hook wouldn't let go!) so I am wondering, is there any easy way to put this snake back in its cage?? I want to ride but I just cant get it, any info would be great! can I bump start this thing or no? thanks and good ridin'

Old 05-27-2013, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twohundredm85
hello everyone! new to the forum, went through a couple atv forums, figured this is the one to call "home" SO, I got this Honda 200m from my buddy, runs good, brakes need work( no biggie) had to get a new pull rope, and, to my misfortune, imo, the hardest thing on anything to fix, the stupid recoil spring popped out, I have been trying for a good part of the day, messed up my finger (hook wouldn't let go!) so I am wondering, is there any easy way to put this snake back in its cage?? I want to ride but I just cant get it, any info would be great! can I bump start this thing or no? thanks and good ridin'
Welcome to the forums!
Good luck with that recoil spring. Last time that happened to me I let my brother who is a small engine mechanic by profession take care of it. If it really is a 200m then it has electric start. If the electric start doesn't work then fix it as well. If it doesn't have electric start you don't have a 200m. I would recommend fixing all of the issues (especially the brakes) before you hit the trails. Never rely on push/pull/bump starting. I know how it is to be anxious to ride but please for your safety and the safety of those you will be riding with, fix everything correctly beforehand and you will enjoy it that much more.

For future reference this section is reserved for Honda's new sxs utility vehicle. If you look hard enough you will find the atc/3 wheeler section. You may get better feedback if you can post this question there.