Honda Side by Sides Talk about the resilient Honda Sport and Utility.

Honda Surprises Industry with a Pair of 1000cc UTVs

Old 07-21-2015, 08:43 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

The good news is, there's already someone out there figuring out a way for people to get the hp rating back up to over 100.

I wish I could say it was going to be cheap, but it never has been for any brand out there.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Honda has still yet to tell potential customers how much they will cost but they are taking orders for it even though its not available yet. Before I buy anything, the first thing I must know is "How much will it cost?" I guess if you make that much of a commitment, then its no longer secret. I'm guessing it will be just as much as any of the other 1000cc models, probably close to 20K for the base model.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the rally bike that the motor is most likely going to be shared with. 2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Adventure Tourer INFO & SPY PHOTOS: Honda?s new Africa Twin arrives early next year as a 2016 model. .

engine specs are identical - 999cc SOHC inline twin With the same unicam head design that Honda has been using in its MX bikes for years now. The bike has a 6 speed DCT as well and is expected to make around 110 hp, so it's fair to say that it has been detuned for the UTV. The street bike TLC posted has a v-twin engine and a conventional trans with a hand clutch

Old 07-21-2015, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by greg74
Honda has still yet to tell potential customers how much they will cost but they are taking orders for it even though its not available yet. Before I buy anything, the first thing I must know is "How much will it cost?" I guess if you make that much of a commitment, then its no longer secret. I'm guessing it will be just as much as any of the other 1000cc models, probably close to 20K for the base model.
Base price starts at 14k but for that you don't get power steering, paddle shifters, folding rear seats and a few other luxury items. The 5 seater deluxe model is expected to be priced around 19-20k

Old 07-21-2015, 11:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by HondaR24
Base price starts at 14k but for that you don't get power steering, paddle shifters, folding rear seats and a few other luxury items. The 5 seater deluxe model is expected to be priced around 19-20k
That's not too bad then, comparably speaking. I wouldn't want the 5 seater myself anyway. I'm not seriously considering buying one but its fun sometimes to look. I would simply want the 2 seater model with power steering. The paddle shifters should come with that model. Its probably around 17k. Since this is a brand new model, unfortunately it probably will be hard to buy it for much less than retail until dealers at least actually have them on showroom floors. Until then, you're basically pre-ordering it and paying whatever they want to charge, like buying a Ferrari, though I will never know what that experience is like lol.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

Yea I'm not sure if I could justify the need for a 60+inch wide machine either. Most of the trails around here are just too narrow for such a machine and I already have a Kubota RTV1100 that we use for working around the property. If I lived out west were the trails are less technical and more opened then I'd definetly have a big bore SXS but they are just so limited in what they can be used for out here.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah the 50" side by sides are a lot more versatile. I'd probably get a Arctic Cat Wildcat trail though if I were to get a 50" utv.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:04 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I just went on a 100 mile trail ride and there was a few trees and washouts crossing that our ATV barley squeaked by. These SXS must be more for cottages and dirt roads then hard core wildness trail runs.
It would make me sick to see my friends head out on a day ride and not be able to take my new $15,000 SXS along to go with them.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
I just went on a 100 mile trail ride and there was a few trees and washouts crossing that our ATV barley squeaked by. These SXS must be more for cottages and dirt roads then hard core wildness trail runs.
It would make me sick to see my friends head out on a day ride and not be able to take my new $15,000 SXS along to go with them.
It depends on what kind of trails you have obviously. If you know your nearby trails are narrow, then obviously even a 50" side by side wouldn't be a good choice. The people that own side by sides near you obviously ride somewhere else. The price keeps most people from owning side by sides anyway. Even used, you're going to spend at least $5000 for something in decent condition, probably more like $6000. And that's for an older Rhino or Ranger. You can buy a decent used 4x4 quad for around $3000.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:48 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

That option list sounds like it's more for a actual car and not a sxs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Honda Surprises Industry with a Pair of 1000cc UTVs