Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Four wheeler cab for under $50

Old 01-23-2000, 09:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got back from an all day ride in the snow. i was trying out my new bug cab on my rancher 4x2. i rode all day in 25 degree weather and did'nt even wear gloves. no i am not selling anything, but i will share my invention and you can have one too.

Step 1.
go to wal-mart and buy a child's tent for $19.96, it is red and about 78 inches long and 44 inches wide.

Step 2.
on the floor of the tent cut a half circle at the left side of the entrance. then cut a straight line down the middle to the other side. then at the right side of the entrance cut a straight line as close to the outer wall as you can.

Step 3.
set the tent over your four wheeler, the floor should hang down on each side. cut out the sides to match the contour of the fender. put a tarp gromet left and right at the lower end of each side.

Step 4.
get 6-12 inch bungee cords. at the 4 stake loops on each corner secure to 4 wheeler. you now have two bungees left, run through the running boards on each side and attach to tarp gromets. at the front where you cut the half circle you need to set a cooler or something heavy to keep the front from blowing up. i use one of those $8 walmart fold up chairs. do you get the picture??

Step 5.
after you have everything cut and fit to you wheeler, unzip the side door and step into the cab. take a black marker and mark front and side windows as well as a back window. take to local upholestry shop and have them sew in windows. front window should be fairly long from top screen about 30 inches.

step 6.
the top screens of the tent let too much air in, use the excess flooring you cut out of the tent to sew a water proof cover at the top.

hey it beats that $500 set of monkey bars you have to mount permantly on your wheeler.

this cover can be put on in less than ten minutes and is stored in the tent case which is less than 30 inches long and 3 1/2 inches wide. it weighs less than ten pounds. and the best part is the heat of the engine keeps you warm when you ride.
i rode through woods and brush, also got up to 35 mph without any problems. it is really a nice system.
if you get it right you guys will build a statue to me for this free tip!