Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda vs Polaris

Polaris vs Honda...
????????

Old 01-30-2004, 08:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Honda vs Polaris

Sorry about that! I have narrowed my choice of ATV's to a Polaris Sportsman 500 or a Honda Rubicon. Does anyone have good information about the two. I have been to many dealers and as you know the salesperson loves what they sell and POO POO the others. I fell in love with the Honda...the styling, quietness, features. What about over all maintance and reliability. I will be pushing a plow and pulling a rough cut mower. Some trail riding.

You thoughs are appreciated.

Dujie

Old 01-30-2004, 08:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Honda vs Polaris

Oh Great Canadian,

I knew I would get responses like that. But what I am looking for is a good comparison...if there is any!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-30-2004, 07:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Honda vs Polaris

Polaris vs. Honda? Can this even be considered a question? Dujie, go back to your school district and demand a refund for the education that you were robbed of. Just kidding. If you want to find something good said about Polaris, you need to go to that forum because it wont be in any other forum. If you find someone in the Honda forum that chooses the poaris over the honda, be afraid,....... be very, very afraid. He is an imposter from "polaris KGB"

Old 01-30-2004, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda vs Polaris

I have a polaris and i have owned a honda and i would have to say that hondas quality is better--- less problems

Old 01-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Range Rover
Default Honda vs Polaris

Well for starters, Honda's are the most reliable machines built. The Hondas do use some older technology as far as breaks, engine and suspension is concerned, but maybe that's part of their reliability.

Polaris' reliability is getting better but it's still not on par with Honda. Polaris machines use a lot of state of the art technology in breaks, engine and suspension.

The Rubicon uses a solid axle in the rear where as the Polaris uses IRS(independent rear suspension). Solid axle for reliability and stability but a harsher ride, IRS for a smoother ride. IRS can get a little tippy feeling at high speeds(unless on bikes like the Rincon and Outlander). Some people like IRS for a smoother, less jaring ride while other perfer the high speed stability of a solid axle.

The Rubicon is all time 4WD(unless you put in a 424), while the Sportsman is 2WD/4WD selectable. The Polaris probably has a better 4WD system overall(depending on preferance). The rear wheels on the Polaris need to slip for the 4WD to engage. Once the 4WD on the Sportsman engages the front dif is locked. The Rubicon's dif will not lock, it will try to put power to the front wheel that has traction.

Both quads are nice IMO. If I had to pick one I would go with which brand has the better dealer and customer service near me.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the Rubi has a superior tranny compared to the Polaris. The Rubicon has the best tranny in the business IMO. The tranny in the Rubi is like a tractor tranny. The Polaris tranny is a belt drive tranny.

Old 01-30-2004, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Honda vs Polaris

You would have to ride them both and see which one your butt fits the best. You picked probably two of the best all around quads although they are completely different from each other. Either one is a good choice. (Buy the red Rubicon!)