Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TRX300 no spark

Old 04-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX300 no spark

Well, I do not do a lot of electrical debugging, but in this case, it probably would have saved me about 3 weeks.

Normally, I work on a little of all flavors of bikes and quads, so special tools like that can get expensive. However, in the future, I will be checking connections much better when trying to troubleshoot problems like this.

Now, I am going to start working on my Lakota. Never wants to start when it is cool. Even once it has started, it runs poorly until completely warmed up. Valve lash and timing are good, so I figure that it must be in the carb. Oh, if the Choke is on, it runs much better than if the choke is off, so that helps point towards the carb as well.

But since this is the Honda forum, this is the wrong topic for here. Thanks again for the input. If I run across one of those tools, I will seriously consider purchasing it.

Thanks... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2020, 07:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default No spark

I have no spark either I have replaced every ignition part

Old 04-25-2021, 01:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Please help

Originally Posted by Harw
If the lights are not working check the plugs behind the metal plate by the foot brake. If your quad thinks that it is in reverse or in gear it will not have spark.

what did you mean by this ? Because I had spark pulled side case off and wires broke no spark now

Old 09-18-2022, 06:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default No spark 1992 trx300fw

Originally Posted by MacGyver
OK, still no spark. I worked with it for about 2 hours last night, this is what I found:
- Verified all wires with a multi-meter.
- Verified the coil resistance again at 0.2 ohms between poles,
and 9530 ohms from the spark plug wire,
- Verified the exciter coil resistance at 330 ohms
- Verified the AC pickup wire
- Verified that the reverse sensor and light works
- Verified the the neutral sensor and light works

I did find that the Voltage regulator may be bad as I could not get the readings that the manual says that I should get between Red, Green, and Black wires. But looking at the manual schematics, I do not see this preventing spark.

So far, only the CDI box has been replaced, but this did not fix the problem.

Looking for the wierd and bizarre solutions now. Any ideas, no matter how far off the wall they may be, are welcome at this point. I know that it must be simple as anything complicated would have shown up by now. I have to be overlooking something. If anyone has a test procedure different from the basic manual, I am willing to try that out as well.
Make sure your coil is correctly for that model the bigger CD I boxes usually are the DC. The smaller are the AC CDi. Inwould check make sure ya got ya coil on for correctly and also check your adapter DC component as well. Check all connections. Has be a ground or wrong. Part actually