Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon owners, how do you like e'm??

Old 01-22-2005, 05:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rincon owners, how do you like e'm??

you must be doing some seriously hard riding to be breaking an axle more than once. can anyone say they're riding their Rincon that hard?

Old 01-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the 03's had problems to start with. They used CV joints from a different manufacture and were made from cheaper material. Didn't know that when I bought it. I still think that the angle of the axle is too much for the factory CV joints anyways, and I don't see spending almost $1400 for Gorilla axles. Then I may as well get a better made ATV. As for hard riding I really don't tear it up, I'm very easy on it. I have broke a total of 5 axles between mine and by moms Grizz. 3 of them were from just casual riding in the woods, thats what made me very unhappy. The other 2 (fronts) were more than likely my fault, but Yamaha did warranty them even though it was at 7 months. New Yamy axles are $250 a pop, so that was nice. I'm just ready to move on to something different.

Old 01-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

wow!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] $1400 US for an aftermarket axle????? i need some of their chemicals cuz that's ridiculous. i can't believe they sell ANY at that price.

Old 01-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Trailblazer

You should change your name and picture, Bertuzzi is a disgrace.

Old 01-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

oooohhh...ooouuucccchhh! do you mean canucklehead, or confusedbuyer??... cuz I don't like the confused name. you must be from Colorado to detest Bertuzzi that much. altho i'm a Canucks fan, I agree what he did was dumb. he tried to pick a fight, but Moore wanted nothing to do with it. then to sucker the guy was cowardly. but you know what he's most guilty of? BAD LUCK!! he never, ever woulda thot his actions would result in breaking the guys neck like that. And there are SOOOO MANY bonehead, simliar, stupid plays where the victim pretty well walks away, or has less serious injuries and so nobody thinks those incidents are as bad. the culprits in those are just lucky, because they're just as guilty of the same conduct. it should be judged on the potential, not result, because the only difference is LUCK. when you throw an elbow in someones head/face at full speed, or swing your stick at them, you can do the exact same damage Bertuzzi did. you're just lucky if you don't. penalty should be the same.

besides that one incident, i always liked everything else about the way he played the game.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

The Honda Rincon and Suzuki KingQuad700efi are quads that offered me the best ride quality. But, the Rincon is the slowest 650 I have ever riding, it is severely underpowered for a 650cc engine. Do some research the Rincon transmission, since its release, Rincon owners around here have been known to have had transmission problems (often demanding the transmission to be reconditioned). Most of the Honda loyalist Rincon owners that have had trouble with their transmission changed their Rincons but still wanted a Honda product, and went for the Rubicon 500. The Rubicon 500 is almost as quick as the Rincon, is more solid, stronger puller with its low range, uses a different transmission than the Rincon and has been known to be reliable from what I have hear.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:18 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: LittleBoy
The Honda Rincon and Suzuki KingQuad700efi are quads that offered me the best ride quality. But, the Rincon is the slowest 650 I have ever riding, it is severely underpowered for a 650cc engine. Do some research the Rincon transmission, since its release, Rincon owners around here have been known to have had transmission problems (often demanding the transmission to be reconditioned). Most of the Honda loyalist Rincon owners that have had trouble with their transmission changed their Rincons but still wanted a Honda product, and went for the Rubicon 500. The Rubicon 500 is almost as quick as the Rincon, is more solid, stronger puller with its low range, uses a different transmission than the Rincon and has been known to be reliable from what I have hear.

Good grief, typical non Rincon owner giving false information. Your name suits you well...

Old 01-23-2005, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
wow!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] $1400 US for an aftermarket axle????? i need some of their chemicals cuz that's ridiculous. i can't believe they sell ANY at that price.
The $1400 is for all four axles's, but yeah thats still alot. Check it out at the Gorilla web site.

Old 01-23-2005, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

i better understand (and agree) with your earlier comment; that you might aswell buy something better built outta the gate, instead of trying to improve or fix a problem on an inferior model.

Old 01-23-2005, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

oops.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rincon owners, how do you like e'm??