Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

HondA Atc 110 timing help

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HondA Atc 110 timing help

I have pulled my atc 110 apart to re-ring and replace valves, when I re-assembled the motor i followed the timing marks in my manual
but every time I try to start it air comes out of the intake tube, i am confused! does anyone have a picture of how to line it up or a place to visit on web? or any suggestipions?
thanks so much
Rob

Old 02-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HondA Atc 110 timing help

Originally posted by: atvrob
I have pulled my atc 110 apart to re-ring and replace valves, when I re-assembled the motor i followed the timing marks in my manual
but every time I try to start it air comes out of the intake tube, i am confused! does anyone have a picture of how to line it up or a place to visit on web? or any suggestipions?
thanks so much
Rob
There is a keyway slot on the left side of the crank, imagine a straight line, position this in line with the center of the head, this gives you top dead center position.

Behind the CDI asm is an advance mechanism that rotates with the camshaft extention.
Remove the ADV mech and you should see a pin sticking out perpendicular to ths cam shaft.
This also should be pointing inline with the center of the top end of the head

When the pin and the crank key are in line and pointing in the same direction, to the top of the head, both valves should be shut at this point. It is the position of the end of the compression stroke and the begining of the intake stroke.

You say that air is coming out of the intake, the cam relative to the crank out of phase. Could be just a tooth off!
Piston is traveling up when the intake valve is slightly open.

Easy Fix.