Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Problems with front brake calipers on 400ex

Old 02-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with front brake calipers on 400ex

I was hoping some one out there could give me some info. I have a 400ex, every time that the time comes to change out the front pads I have one heck of a time. Honda did a very poor job on the design of these in my opinion. They have those little plugs that go in after the pins that look like little pills or something. Those are always stuck. Then if you manage to get those plugs out, the pins are ALWAYS stuck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I have replaced them so many times. I have never had a problem with the rear caliper. It has normal pins that hold in the brake pads. I would like to use that style pin for the front. They just have hex heads and just require a wrench instead of the allen head. I have drilled and tapped my calipers on the front so many times, that I had to replace them a couple of times. I have done everything, wd-40, never seaze.... Nothing seams to work. The pins for the rear caliper screw right in, but arn't long enough. Does anyone know of a pin that will fit? (Honda or not, it doesn't matter!) I just don't want to keep fighting with these things. Thanks!