Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Specs on a Honda 200 Fourtrax? Top Speed, etc???

Old 07-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Specs on a Honda 200 Fourtrax? Top Speed, etc???

I might be able to buy one for $300 that needs a battery, a tune up, a good cleaning, and maybe some cosmetics. Anyone know how fast these things are? Are they easy to work on? Where to get parts, etc.?

Old 07-19-2005, 12:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

I own a 92' 200 Fourtrax Type II and it's not to bad. It pushes 35-40mph. Parts are not the easiest to find but if you dig long enough on the web you can find what you need. Not really upgradeable other than jetting. On hills it has good and bad things. Slightly guttless so momentum is out but in low gear you have lots of power. Heavy machines, at about450lbs(reason for power loss). this helps on the hills, the heavy frontend At 300 bucks it's still a good deal for any running ATV. Hope this helps

Old 07-19-2005, 04:40 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

I got a little fixer uper myself. Runs pretty good, I can get mine to wheelie if I step on the back end and lift up the handelbars. Ebay has lots of parts, do you have a picture of yours?

Old 07-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

No Catterman, I don't have a digital camera to take pics, but I can wheelie on mine and sit on the seat. The only bad thing about mine is the someone wrecked it before I got it and the rear sproket doesn't track very good which make chain adjusting high maintenance. The good thing about them is they turn on a dime which is great in woods. Does yours have a rear rack or a big plastic bubble. Mine has a rack.

Old 07-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: deerslayinrednek
No Catterman, I don't have a digital camera to take pics, but I can wheelie on mine and sit on the seat. The only bad thing about mine is the someone wrecked it before I got it and the rear sproket doesn't track very good which make chain adjusting high maintenance. The good thing about them is they turn on a dime which is great in woods. Does yours have a rear rack or a big plastic bubble. Mine has a rack.
I got the big plastic bubble, hower the lid is missing so it is just an open box that collects water!

I just got some bad news though, long story short the guy is taking it back from me. I didn't close the deal on buying is soon enough and it looks like he is coming to pick it back up this weekend. Man that sucks, I like it too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]