Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

"POLL" Whats the Best utility ATV out there?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "POLL" Whats the Best utility ATV out there?!

Originally posted by: supertek
For all you Polaris and Artic fans read this.....http://www.atvtv.com/500class.html
Also you Arctic fans do you know that its the same Engine as Suzuki??

What sold me is that Honda had the no belt drive, ESP mode if you want, and the NAME!
WOW, you are soooo smart!!!!

Suzuki is also a major stock holder (30-40%) of Arctic Cat. They have also been making thier snowmobile engines even since the 1960's. Arctic Cat does make their own engine for the Prowler and 650 H1, and the 650 V2 is the Kawasaki 633cc setup.

Also, if you buy an ATV because of what the magazine editors like, you are making a big mistake. Those guys get their salaries paid by the advertisers.

I got no problem with the Rubicon, however it doesn't fit all my needs. That is why I made sure to drive all the ATV's (well, some anyway) before I made my purchase. And this one fit me the best. Glad you like yours, you are the one that has to ride it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2005, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

42% to be exact….and it’s not a “magazine editors”…..ATVTV. I do not base my information on just this TV show but they sure know a heck of a lot more than just the average person……..I hate to say it but Arctic are an aftermarket in the ATV business. If they were this good as you say they are then WHY do they under perform Suzuki with the same engine??????????? One more thing, you go ahead and buy your Arctic and I’ll buy a Honda, a few years down the road…..we’ll see who has the resell value!

Old 07-16-2005, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

Pray4a650, your post about the best work ATV is incorrect IN MY OPINION. The Traxter may outpull a Honda, but it certainly will not outlast one. In fact, that goes for any of the other makes as well. That is a solid fact, not opinion at all.

Old 07-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Trailblazer

Hi Guys
I try not to say to much about the other lines of quads out there because I do work for a Honda dealership. We also sell Suzuki and Polaris . They are all good when they are new and its the repairs that tell the storie. We see about 5 to 1 with Polaris and about 3 to 1 with Suzuki in repairs. The Honda seems to be the one that are not so prone to repairs like the other two. The other makes of ATV's we wont even touch because of ((( PRICE ))) of parts and some of the workmanship that we don't want to deal with.
I still am a firm believer that all ATV's are good and all have their place in the ATV world. The people that purchase the wrong ATV for the job that they wish them to do are the people that bash other products. That all falls down to the Salesman not doing his job and just trying to blow out the product he sells without being honest to the public and selling something that really won't do the job. A person selling ATV's should have the smarts to learn about the other products out there to make sure that the person looking for a ATV gets the best for his buck and for the job he has to do.

Thats just the way I see it

John

Old 07-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
Pray4a650, your post about the best work ATV is incorrect IN MY OPINION. The Traxter may outpull a Honda, but it certainly will not outlast one. In fact, that goes for any of the other makes as well. That is a solid fact, not opinion at all.
RedGoblin I am only answering the original questions"Just a Poll...Whats the Best todate Utility 4-wheeler out there.
I vote for Honda Rubicon 500 but then again I did try them all when I bought it. "

My point is quite clear, there is no "Best todate Utility 4-wheeler out there" for all uses.
Every body has different needs, using their atv for something different.

The Question was not intended for Hondu's DREAMED up machines nor a question of
reliability issues which bring up another issue.
IS HONDA THE MOST RELIABLE MACHINE OUT THERE?

Well I would have to argue: Man Made, Man Broke, Man Fix.

Why would be aftermarket brakes be an issue if Honda was reliable.
Why their be aftermarket seals, CV boot kits, axle shaft kits, tie rod ends, shocks, bearing kits, Honda linkage kits, A-arm upper and lower kits, swing arm kits, levers, throttle kits, carb replacements/kits, master cylinder kits, Pistons and ring aftermarket(yes for the 500 and 650 models),engine gasket sets.

Did I mention rear and frond disk kits to replace Hondu's RUSTOMATIC brake system's.

The Aftermarket manufacturers would not make these products if they would not sale.
You can hear Honda owner's wrench on their machine at night at aid of a flashlight so people won't find out the truth.

People with other machines that can actually perform, pushes their quads to the limit, which in turns puts undue stress to those machines.

All machine break down. Honda owner's are just hypocritical about it.

Old 07-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Range Rover

Pray4a650, I have one question for you. Do you work at a multi brand dealership? A simple yes or no will do.

The reason I ask is that I, like Lighthouse, work at a mutli brand dealership. The fact is that Honda is the brand that breaks down the least. Period. If you don't work at a multi brand dealership, how can you even speak about other brands being equal or better than Honda in terms of reliability? You can't because you don't have the experience to make such a statement.

Does Honda break down? Of course. But they've been breaking down since 1969, when they introduced their first ATC90. Honda's have always had terrible drum brakes (until this year), yet people still considered Honda to be the most reliable. Honda has always had bearings that don't last very long, yet people still considered Honda to be the most reliable. The reason is that Honda is the most reliable. They may have no brakes and wobbly wheel bearings, but they will get you home.

You own a Prairie 650, so tell me. How many swingarm bearings have you replaced. How many diff seals and engine seals have you replaced? How many belts have you gone through? How many times have you adjusted the belt deflection on your CVT? How many times has a carb inlet needle let gas overflow into the engine? How much resale value do you expect out of your Prairie? Before answering these questions, keep in mind that I am friends with the local Kawasaki dealer and know all about them.

Listen, you are obviously one of those people that hates Honda. It's obvious with the tone of your posts. Here's the real deal. Honda sells more ATV's in one week than Kawasaki sells in two months. Kawasaki isn't really a viable player in terms of overall sales and I doubt that Honda has any desire to compete with a company that is so far down the line. You can say that people are just buying Honda because of the name, but you know that isn't the case. Honda has been behind in features for years and still are #1 in sales. Doesn't that tell you something? Honda is the leading ATV manufacturer, and it will stay that way for quite a while.

Old 07-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer

"Amen"

Old 07-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

Amen brother. Hondas break down, but not before everything else does. And the drum brakes will last you forever if you stay out of the water and mud. The typical farmer will love a Honda because everything lasts for such a long time on virtually no maintenance. This is why I say it's just truth and not opinion; like or it not, Hondas are built to last.

Old 07-16-2005, 05:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

For me it's the Arctic Cat 650 H1. No discussion necessary.

Old 07-16-2005, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer

And the drum brakes will last you forever if you stay out of the water and mud.
Why have an atv then... OH Yea my point is proved, NOT ONE ATV IS BEST, it depends on your application.

You own a Prairie 650, so tell me. How many swing arm bearings have you replaced. How many diff seals and engine seals have you replaced? How many belts have you gone through? How many times have you adjusted the belt deflection on your CVT? How many times has a carb inlet needle let gas overflow into the engine? How much resale value do you expect out of your Prairie?
Swing arm bearing replaced none, I don't jump my machine, it's not a sports quad.
My diff seals and engine seals have not leaked.
I have adjusted my belt 3 times it's an 2002 bough in Aug 01.
Never had the carb inlet needle overflow gas in the engine.
As for resale value on my machine well let's compare when I bought my machine.
Prairie 650 2002 I paid $7800cnd plus taxes so $8970cnd taxes in.(I have bill of sale in front of me)
Rubicon 500 2002 $9999cnd plus taxes, so $11499cnd taxes in. (I am sure, still have quotes)
Rincon 650 2003 $12000cnd plus taxes, so $13800cnd taxes in. approx if I remember correctly.
Geese I hope your Honda's have more resale value than mine.....

And
People with other machines that can actually perform, pushes their quads to the limit, which in turns puts undue stress to those machines.
I don't push my quad to it's limit, so I don't get many of these problems. The only big problem I have is keeping my plastics in one peace. I find my plastic thin and brittle. I am not saying my bike is the best, all I am saying it's not nescarry Honda for other people's application, especially if you mud or water.

But they've been breaking down since 1969....how can you even speak about other brands being equal or better than Honda in terms of reliability? You can't because you don't have the experience to make such a statement.
Why do the aftermarket manufacturers make these replacement parts for these "NEW" Rubicon and Rincon if they where so reliable? Man Made, Man Broke, Man Fix.

Listen, you are obviously one of those people that hates Honda..
Got it wrong again, we are looking at a atv for my wife... I am considering a rancher for her...
I don't hate Honda... Just Hate the BS hype about them...

I am not a small engine repair man, I am a licensed Industrial Mechanical Millwright.
I often search on-line to tune in my lawn mower or outboard motor.
By the way I love Honda outboards, it will be my next machine.
I am a fisherman I need quiet, but not fast, Honda suites me great. I fish, I don't need speed.....
My Neighbor loves his Mercury Verada, super fast, loud, torque for skiing, did I mention LOUD...
which is best? You tell me... My 60hp Mercury is 17years young, it runs like a top. Has not missed a beat. My 2hp merc is a 1965, it runs like top. Reliability is not an issue. I prefer the Honda, it suits my needs.... but which is is BEST?

As for the sales, well propaganda works quite well. People are like sheep, they will follow whatever BS people tell them.

Quick Reply: "POLL" Whats the Best utility ATV out there?!