Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

4-wheeler or dirt bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-wheeler or dirt bike

i wanted to hear a few opinions on whether i should get my son 70cc four wheeler or dirt bike, i think dirt bike would be easier to ride as far as manuverability, and when you have an accident it less likely to get hurt. i think it is easier to get off a bike if it flips or rolls and it doesnt way as much, they can also go around mud, or between deep ruts. i think it would be safer and easier for him to ride with me.i have a four wheeler which he loves, he has a 4-wheeler/scooter he rides, but has no suspention and absolutely no low power. he rides it in feilds and on rides around block.he is 6, and likes to go with me, iwould like to get something , just cant decide which is better/safer?

Old 03-19-2006, 06:50 AM
Range Rover

iv seen alot of little kids ridding little atvs out were i ride they seem to do good on them. Little things can go iv even seen 1 kid climb hills on them id thk he wouldnt even have a chance to get up and he makes them. The little atvs dont weight very much gonna get hurt if you flip or dump either dirt bike or atv dirt bike thiers the risk of getting burt when you dump it.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mykool61679
i wanted to hear a few opinions on whether i should get my son 70cc four wheeler or dirt bike, i think dirt bike would be easier to ride as far as manuverability, and when you have an accident it less likely to get hurt. i think it is easier to get off a bike if it flips or rolls and it doesnt way as much, they can also go around mud, or between deep ruts. i think it would be safer and easier for him to ride with me.i have a four wheeler which he loves, he has a 4-wheeler/scooter he rides, but has no suspention and absolutely no low power. he rides it in feilds and on rides around block.he is 6, and likes to go with me, iwould like to get something , just cant decide which is better/safer?
Is your son the daredevil type? If so, I would probably opt for the bike and he is almost certain to put that guad into some bad situations. I've seen kids go down so many times on dirt bikes and always seem to stand back up. The dirt bikes seem to have more juice for getting up hills too where many of the smaller quads just die out not having enough low torque or the tranny setup right.

You should check out the pit bikes too. Amazing how much technology you get for a relatively low price.

/Jon