Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

07 Rincon test ride......Not a great first impression

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 07 Rincon test ride......Not a great first impression

Sorry about the bad post but anyway. I went to do a test ride with my dad today at a large motorcyle shop. We tested a 07 rincon and it had 20 or so miles on it and it was 58 dagrees out. I was hoping to just breathe on the throttle and it would come to life purring like im used to hearing on all the hondas ive been around and my kawasaki but it didnt. It came to life with a half hearted thumpidy thump that sounded like it wanted to die. I give it gas and warm it up thouroghly and take it around the track they had set up. I like it but i could tell it didnt run right. I take back to my dad to take a spin on it and it just wont run. He put it in gear and it would just die. Made me mad because thats the atv ive been preaching to him that is awsome and very reliable but put a bad taste in our mouths which i didnt like. There was also a green one there that i just started and it ran a little better but my really old and beat up 360 seems to pur better and run better then those rincons. Was the one i had just a bad one. I know they usally dont due that. Guess i just needed to mention somthing. By the way. I still want a rincon.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

Old 09-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

umm, yeah there's something wrong with it if it is dying when put in gear. Probably needs the fuel mapping redone or something, the Rincon EFI is fairly new and probably doesnt have the bugs worked out yet. That's pretty common for the "new" stuff, like the new 420 rancher, they'll probably be junk for the first 2 years or so since everything is "new" on it and needs to have customers buy them, then in turn the defects show up under warranty and that lets honda know where to make changes. Happens all the time in automotive, that's how most recalls start out. enough of the same model vehicles have the same problem, it prompts the manufacturer to revise a part or develop a better replacement. They never get all the bugs worked out during research and development

Old 09-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

Should of checked the battery connection, thats exactly what my Outlander did with a loose connection, EFI is touchy that way.

BTW, for the same MSRP take a look at the Outlander 650.....free 42 month warranty.

I have both (well the 800) the Outlander is a better machine with more features.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Its faster but thats it. Better? No.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Its faster but thats it. Better? No.
>>>>>>>>>

Absolutely:

Solid engine braking
Visco loc 4WD
Adjustable front and rear shocks
Inline front and rear DISC brakes
V-twin Rotax

I own both and have ridden back and forth over the same terrain, there is no doubt in my opinion the Outlander is a better overall machine. My uncle and best friend have both also and agree with me 100%.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Solid engine braking annoying
visco lock diff is unneeded. My Rincon will dig 4 holes. if one wheel is dangling in the air spinning, just touch front brakes and the power transfers.
adjustable shocks are very nice
inbroad disc's are also nice and a time saver to change pads.
Rotax very powerful and sounds awesome.
also tremmendous amounts of heat transfered to your left leg
cushy seat rubs the insides of your legs making for an uncomfortable ride
feels top heavy(might be me)
harder to steer
I own one and have a good bit of seat time on the other. I do like it for its power. But after that there is no comparison. I feel the Rincon out performs it every other way.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Just have to agree to disagree. The Outlander is in a totally different class then the Rincon.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

You are absolutely right. We argued this same topic before. I do like the Bombs. But for ME, my Rincon is just right. I love the sportyness of it. Its more than fast enough on the trails I ride. And it just loves to be pushed harder and harder. It would be nice to have some of the other quads features, but without them I've learned to adjust. I've got over 1800 stonecold reliable miles on mine. I've only had to replace the brake pads. The rears had 1600 plus when replaced and I'm getting ready to do the fronts at over 1800mi. My statements are my opinion (we all know about opinions) and hopefully will be taken as such.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

It is in a different power class only. Rinman and I have a friend with one and even he thinks the Rincon is a nicer machine. I am not putting the 800 down at all, but if you take away that big engine, then its just another quad.
The Rincon suspension is a work of art, the transmission is a one of a kind and could only be improved by adding another gear, the fit and finish is awesome, and the steering................well, can you ride your quad for 70 miles (fast) through rough terrain with a just broken wrist held to your chest?

Quick Reply: 07 Rincon test ride......Not a great first impression